Xianren Stream - well-preserved and undeveloped natural scenery in Zhangjiajie
Last Update: 11th November 2019
What is Xianren Stream?
Set in the south of Yongding District, Xianren Stream is situated only 4 kilometers from the heart of Zhangjiajie City. With breathtaking scenery, the stream is surrounded by mountains. It is very popular among the citizens of Zhangjiajie.
Xianren Stream Fast Facts
Interested in visiting Xianren Stream during a Zhangjiajie Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including Xianren Stream, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at Xianren Stream
The name of Xianren Stream (Xianren means “Fairy”) comes from a legend that tells someone saw fairies bathing in the stream. More than 200 types of trees and around 180 types of animals grow along or in the stream. The forest coverage is up to 98%. There is considerable phytoncide in the air which has a good effect on treating diseases. Xianren Stream offers three waterfalls, four ponds, Rock House of the Ba People and apes nature reserve to explore. The deeper visitors explore, the more unique they will find the stream is. Especially after the rain, Xianren Stream is covered with fog, creating a fairyland.
Xianren Stream is underdeveloped. Therefore, it is ideal for self-driving travel or outdoors activities. Many citizens just enjoy barbecue and swimming by/in the stream at the end of Xianren Village. Few visitors walk through the stream. The highlights are always hidden at the Xiami Stream - a tributary of Xianren Stream. Hike upstream Xiami Stream, and visitors can enjoy Dragon Pond, waterfalls, Seven Star Hill, Liumingdeng Training Ground and South Heaven Gate. But the trail to these spots is challenging. If you are interested to explore them, it is suggested that you take good gear with you.
Best time to visit Xianren Stream
If you are planning to visit Xianren Stream for photography purposes, the best time to visit Xianren Stream is in the early morning and after rain. The best months to visit it are April, May, September and October as it is not so hot or so cold during these months.
How to get to Xianren Stream
As Xianren Stream is underdeveloped, there is no direct bus to Xianren Stream from Zhangjiajie City. There are only a few options.
- If you enjoy cycling, you could rent a bike in Zhangjiajie City and go to Xianren Stream Reservoir on the bike. Then, take a ferry boat or ride along the bank to the edge of Xianren Village.
- Rent a vehicle from Zhangjiajie City to Xianren Stream Reservoir. Then, take a ferry boat or ride along the bank to the edge of Xianren Village
Additional Xianren Stream Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As at 11th November 2019, it is free of charge to visit Xianren Stream. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- If you visit Xianren Stream in summer, it is recommended that you wear the sunscreen cream and sunglasses to protect your skin.
- As the most amazing spots are set in Xianren Village and Xiniu Village plus the tourism there is underdeveloped, the Xianren Stream area offers few accommodations.
- As the scenic spots are concentrated along the Xiami Stream where the trail is challenging, please equip yourself with outdoors gear fully.
- It takes around 2 days to visit all the highlights around Xianren Stream.