Xiamen Qinyuan - facing the Sunlight Rock in the East
Last Update: 16th October 2020
Situated on Hero Mountain on the Gulangyu Island, Xiamen Qinyuan gives out cultural and artistic atmosphere. It is composed of a birds garden, Melody Square, an art gallery and various species of plants
Xiamen Qinyuan Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Xiamen Qinyuan (厦门琴园)
- Location: on the Gulangyu Island
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, Entertainment Activities
- Who visits: Photographers, Arts Lovers, Adventure
- Time required: 1 x hour
What to expect at the Xiamen Qinyuan
Xiamen Qinyuan is a paradise for arts lovers and bird watching lovers.
With an area of some 7,000 square meters, the bird garden lying on the west hillside of Hero Mountain is home to around 100 species of birds and 1,000 birds. You can hear different birds singing and enjoy birds show. The show starts at 10:30 am and last for around 40 minutes long. It presents more than 20 projects. Parrots enjoy swing, climb the swing, push small cars, do cycling and so on. In the garden, you’ll see white cranes, peacocks and other aquatic birds.
On the hillside facing the sea, you’ll view the Sunlight Rock on the other peak. On the top of the mountain stands a small museum introducing the life of Yin Chengzhong (1941 – ), a pianist and composer who was born on the Gulangyu Island.
You can take a cable car from the hillside on the mountain where the Sunlight Rock is located to Xiamen Qinyuan. In the cable car, you’ll appreciate the stunning views around closely or in the distance.
Best time to visit the Xiamen Qinyuan
If you’d like to visit the garden for photography purposes, the best time to visit is at sunset.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to the Xiamen Qinyuan
As the garden lies on Gulangyu Island, you’d need to get to the Island first. The only option is to take a ferry to the island from Xiagu Wharf. Then, walk to the hillside on the mountain where the Sunlight Rock is located and take a cable car to the garden.
Additional Xiamen Qinyuan Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:00
- As the garden is situated in the area of Sunlight Rock, you’d need to get the ticket for the area first.
- As at 16th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the fort is 50 CNY per person; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 25 CNY per person; the elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 69 years old (69 years old included) are charged 25 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear sunscreen cream and sunglasses.
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.