West Pearl Tower - the tallest tower in Western China
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is the West Pearl Tower?
Standing at No. 168, Mengzhuiwan Street (猛追湾街), Chenghua District(成华区), Chengdu, the West Pearl Tower – the tallest tower in the western China – with a height of 339 meters covers an area of some 6667 m2. It is an integration of tourism, entertainment, and culture.
West Pearl Tower Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Jinxiu Tianfu Ta (锦绣天府塔)
- Height: 339 x meters
- Things to do there: Panoramic Views of Chengdu, Entertainment, Architecture Study
- Who visits: Architects, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required:2 – 3 x hours(if enjoy the buffet at 339 Revolving Restaurant)
What to expect at the West Pearl Tower
The best time to visit the West Pearl Tower is in the evening on fine days during its opening hours. If you visit it on foggy or rainy days, you won’t enjoy the most amazing views in the tower.
The best months to visit is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
- West Pearl Tower is in downtown Chengdu. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to West Pearl Tower. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 317 from T2 to the Stop of the Chengdu East Train Station(成都火车东站) from Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport. Then, transfer to Bus 6 to the Stop of Mengzhuiwan Street(猛追湾街站). Finally, walk to the tower.
- Take Metro Line 4 to the Stop of Shuanglin Road(双林路站). Then, walk to the tower.
- Take Metro Line 1 from the Chengdu North Train Station(成都火车北站) to the Tianfu Square(天府广场). Then transfer to Metro Line 4 to the Stop of Shuanglin Road. Then, walk to the tower.
- Take Bus 6, Bus 61, Bus 76 and Bus 1009 to the Stop of Mengzhuiwan Street. Then, walk to the tower.
- Take Bus 8, Bus 20, Bus 106, Bus 237, and Bus 341 to the Stop of the Crossing of Mengzhuiwan Street(猛追湾街口站). Then, walk to the tower.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 22:00 (Summer); 10:00 – 22:00 (Winter) ;The last entry is at 21:00.
- As at 7th October 2020, entrance pricing for sightseeing elevator is 70 CNY per person above 1.4m (1.4m not included); Children under 1.2m (1.2m included) is free of charge; 35 CNY per person is for the children between 1.2m (1.2m not included) and 1.4m (1.4m included); 50 CNY per person is for the elder above 60 years old (60 years old included).
- Entrance pricing for the high speed lift is 50 CNY per person above 1.4m (1.4m not included); Children under 1.2m (1.2m included) is free of charge; 25 CNY per person is for the children between 1.2m (1.2m not included) and 1.4m (1.4m included); 35CNY per person is for the elder above 60 years old (60 years old included).
- At the 339 Revolving Restaurant, pricing for the view lunch (including the sightseeing elevator) is 218 CNY per person above 1.2m (1.2m not included); pricing for the romantic dinner is 298 CNY per person above 1.2m (1.2m not included); 150 CNY per person is for the children under 1.2m (1.2m included); Younger children under 2 years old (2 years old included) are free of charge. Lunch time: 11:30 – 14:00; Dinner time: 17:30 – 21:00.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Those who suffer from acrophobia, heart diseases, and high blood pressure are not suggested to take the elevator or lift.
- Liquid including water, lighters, cutters and explosive and flammable materials are prohibited to be taken into the tower.
- Children under 1.4m and the elders above 60 years old shall be accompanied by at least one adult to visit the tower.