Wangfujing Street - the most famous commercial street in Beijing City
Last Update: 8th October 2020
What is Wangfujing Street?
Located near East Chang’an Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing, Wangfujing Street offers daily necessities, hardware and electrical materials, clothing and shoes, jewellery and diamonds, gold and silver jewellery, etc.
- Chinese Name: Wangfujing Dajie (王府井商业街)
- Length: 1.6 kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Shopping, Cuisine
- Who visits: Photographers, Shoppers, Foodies
- Time required: 2 – 3 x Hours
Originally built between 907 and 1125, Wangfujing Street was an unknown village then. After the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644), only 8 palaces of princes were situated in the street, which the name of the street originated from.
With the ancient commercial civilization, Wangfujing Street is an integration of foreign Western culture and Chinese culture, equipped with countless China time-honored brands and many renowned brands of numerous multinational corporations.
The street is home to the largest arts and crafts store, the largest Xinhua Bookstore, the largest foreign bookstores and the largest photo studio in China. In addition, visitors can also find many other types of boutiques.
Wangfujing Street is also a paradise for foodies. There, you can enjoy the authentic Beijing Roast Duck, Wufangzhai – the largest company producing delicious Zongzi, Quansuzhai – ideal restaurant for vegetarians, Puwufang offering meat food and other prestigious shops.
Best time to visit Wangfujing Street
If you are planning to visit Wangfujing Street for photography purposes, the best time to visit is in the evening.
You can visit the street at any time of the year.
There are several buses passing by Wangfujing Street, therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the street. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 103, 104, 108, 111, 1, 20, 103, 104, 120, and Bus 140 to the Stop of Dengshi Xikou (灯市西口站) or the Stop of Wangfuing (王府井站).
Additional Wangfujing Street Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- Admission fee: free
- Take care of your values with you when walking around Wangfujing Street as there are plenty of visitors in the street every day.
- Some visitors who have tasted the food at the snacks street there don’t recommend the food as the food there is not tasty. They said the food looked beautiful but didn’t taste nice.