Tuyoq Village - home to the oldest village in Xinjiang
Located 55 kilometers east of Turpan, Tuyoq Village is the most mysterious place in the west of China, and is a combination of history and culture of several famous religious in the world, which Tuyuq Caves and Mazar (Uygur’s tomb) of Huojiamu have witnessed for hundreds of years. With unique geology, it has become the theme to photographers and artists. Tuyoq Village is the Mecca for Muslim at home and abroad.
- Chinese Name: Tuyugou (吐峪沟)
- History: over 1,700 years
- Things to do there: Photography, Geology, Hiking, Buddhism, Islam, Archaeology
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Geologists, Muslim, Archaeologists
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
After you enter the south mouth of the valley, Mazar of Huojiamu always comes into the sight. The bigger the Mazar is, the higher the social status of the deceased of the Mazar will be.
Tuyuq Village is located at the valley. It is around 1,700 years old, becoming the oldest village Uyghur village in Xinjiang. At the village, you can just see two colors – yellow and green. The houses are yellow while the vineyards are green. One mosque stands in the middle of the village. You will experience the oldest authentic Uyghur tradition and folk customs at the village. The old houses were built with immature soil. The oldest house is more than 400 years old. In the costumes with Uyghur characteristics, villagers communicate in Uighur language and enjoy their own religious life. They dug the underground caves to spend summer.
Best time to visit the Tuyoq Village
If you are planning to visit Tuyuq Village for photography purposes, the best time to visit is during the sunset.
The best months to visit are from April to July and from September to October.
How to get to the Tuyoq Village
There is no direct bus from Turpan to Tuyuq Village. The only option is to rent a vehicle.
Additional Tuyoq Village Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 21:00 (April 21 – October 20); 10:00 – 18:30 (October 21 – April 20)
- As at 17th October 2020, the entrance pricing to Tuyuq Village is 30 CNY per person.
- If you are interested to visit other attractions, such as Ancient City of Gaochang, Ancient City of Jiaohe and the like, you could also get the combo tickets.
- The combo ticket for Grape Valley, Ancient City of Gaochang, Astana Tombs, Tuyuq Village and Turpan Karez Folklore Park is 240 per person.
- The combo ticket for Grape Valley, Duke Office, Emin Minaret, Tuyuq Village, Bezekik Caves and Turpan Karez Folklore Park is 235 CNY per person.
- The combo ticket for Grape Valley, Flaming Mountains, Ancient City of Jiaohe, Ancient City of Gaochang, Tuyuq Village and Turpan Karez Folklore Park is 310 CNY per person.
- The combo ticket is valid in 48 hours (If you buy the ticket at 10:00am on Wednesday 20th December 2018, the ticket is valid by 10:00am on Friday 22th December 2018).
- Children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please take enough food with drinking water with you.
- Please wear the sunscreen cream, sunglasses and the like to stop the strong sunlight shining your body directly in the dry weather.
- Please take enough warm clothes with you even in summer as the temperature difference is big between the daytime and the evening in Turpan.