Turpan Night Market - paradise for foodies and photographers
There are several famous night markets in Turpan. One is located in the west of the Cultural Square. One is situated in Dashizi. One is called Zhenxing Night Market, and one is called Tianma Night Market. All the night markets feature local authentic cuisine and local specialties and handicrafts.
Turpan Night Market Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Tulufan Yeshi (吐鲁番夜市)
- Number of Night Markets: 4 x Turpan Night Markets
- Things to do there: Photography, Food, Turpan Specialties and Handicrafts
- Who visits: Photographers, Foodies, Shopping Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 3 x hours
At the night market, you will see baked samosa which can only found in Xinjiang. Delicious and good-looking, it is filled with mutton or beef. If interested, you can also try jujube juice. The night market offers a variety of raisins to you to choose from. In addition, beautiful local Uigur costumes, such as embroidered hats and clothes always attract a lot of visitors.
Best time to visit the Turpan Night Market
The best time to visit Turpan Night Market is from 8pm.
The best months to visit are from April to July and from September to October.
How to get to the Turpan Night Market
As the 4 night markets are in the city of Turpan, you could take a bus or rent a vehicle to them.
Additional Turpan Night Market Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 20:00 – 24:00
- Admission fee: free
- Many visitors think the food at Night Market of Cultural Square is not sanitary enough.
- Dashizi Night Market is very popular among locals.
- Please take care of your valuables.
Interested in visiting the Turpan Night Market on a Tour?