Turpan Bazaar - traditional local markets in Turpan
Turpan Bazaar means local market. You could find it around Turpan – in the city or at the village on the fixed date. The Bazaar offers an ideal chance to experience the local life and discover the lifestyle of locals. You could get the Uighur specialties you are interested in at a low cost at the Bazaar.
- Chinese Name: Tulufan Bazha (吐鲁番巴扎)
- Locations: Bazaar Road, Bazaar Village, Jiaohe Big Bazaar, Dashizi Bazaar, Bazaar on the Road of Old City
- Things to do there: Photography, Local Food, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Shopping Lovers, Foodies
- Time required: 1 – 3 x hours
At the Bazaar, you will find that some ladies gather to chat with others but are not interested to purchase anything. Because the various products sold on Bazaar date in the countryside are not only rich in variety, but also very cheap, locals like to pick the goods they need at the Bazaar. Some elders enjoy the atmosphere at the Bazaar, just observing others or eating a baked samosa. Some of locals just get the goods for one day, such as mutton and vegetables for one day. The Bazaar is a place for locals to exchange ideas and strengthen the relationship.
Best time to visit the Turpan Bazaar
The opening hours for the Bazaar in Turpan are different for the Bazaar in the city and the countryside. If you are interested to experience the Bazaar in the countryside, the best time to visit is in the afternoon. If you would like to enjoy the Bazaar in the city, the best time to visit is in the evening.
How to get to the Turpan Bazaar
As there are several Bazaars in the city and in the countryside, you can get to the Bazaar in the city by bus or by car. If you want to explore the Bazaar in the countryside, it is recommended that you rent a vehicle to it.
Additional Turpan Bazaar Travel Advice
- The Bazaar in the countryside always opens from 10am to 20pm while the Bazaar in the city opens from 15pm to 24pm.
- The Bazaar is just available for one day during the week. Some Bazaars open on Friday.
- Admission fee: free
- Please take care of your valuables at the Bazaar.
- Please wear the sunscreen cream, sunglasses and the like to stop the strong sunlight shining your body directly in the dry weather.
- Please take enough warm clothes with you even in summer as the temperature difference is big between the daytime and the evening in Turpan.
- If you have bargained for the goods at the Bazaar, you’d better purchase it or the vendors won’t be happy.