Last Update: 16th October 2020
Located in the hinterland of Yongdeng County, 160 kilometers northwest of Lanzhou, Gansu Province, Tulugou National Park is a natural landscape tourist area popular among locals. Locals love enjoying their weekends at the Tulugou National Forest Park. The park offers a variety of rare plants and animals to explore.
- Chinese Name: Tulugou Guojia Gongyuan (吐鲁沟国家森林公园)
- Area: 5,848.4 hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Hikers
- Time required: 5 – 6 x hours
Tulugou National Forest Park can be divided into five major scenic areas: Former Tulugou Forest Scenic Area, Sancha Tourist Village, Datulugou Landform Scenic Area, Xiaotulugou Forest Scenic Area and Tulugouzhang Prairie Recreation Area.
In the park, it is long and cold with little rain and snow in winter; it is short with the great climate change in spring; it is also short with the high temperature, but there is no heat in summer; the temperature in autumn decreases fast.
In the park, you can walk through the lush forests, the stones in different shapes and the stunning grassland. In spring, many flowers are in blossom while in autumn red maples are dotted in the park. The two seasons are ideal for photographing.
There are more than 1,600 species of plants in the Tulugou National Forest Park. You will find weeping willow, pelvetia silquosa, mushrooms and ferns. There are rare and endangered plants in the park such as circaeaster agrestis, podophyllum hexandrum, Syringa pinnatifolia, Astragalus and desert Cistanche. The park is home to dozens of rare animals such as must deer, blue eared pheasant, lynx and blue sheep.
If you are planning to visit Tulugou National Forest Park for photography purposes, the best time to visit is in the morning during spring or autumn.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
There is no direct bus from Lanzhou to Tulugou National Forest Park. Therefore, there are only a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park from Lanzhou. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a bus from Lanzhou Bus West Station to Liancheng Village (连城村). Then, transfer to a bus to Tulugou (吐鲁沟).
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 17:00
- As at 16th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the park is 50 CNY per person; children under 1.2 m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- It is not suggested that you discover the park in winter as the park is covered with snow, which is dangerous.