Last Update: 19th October 2020
Situated around 20 kilometers from the City of Kunming, Tuanjie Grass Skiing Course is the largest grass skiing course in China. It features a 1,800-meters-long slideway. Between July and August, sunflowers are in blossom. The course offers green woods to visit as well.
- Chinese Name: Kunming Tuanjiexiang Huacaochang (昆明团结乡滑草场)
- Length of the Slideway: 1,800 meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, Grass Skiing
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
Tuanjie Grass Skiing Course offers a grass corridor to the top of the hill from the bottom. When you walk up to the top, you will be amazed at the vast green grassland. If you haven’t experience grass skiing, you could sit on a skateboard to slide down to the bottom. If you are good at roller skiing, you could also enjoy the thrilling activity to the fullest at the course.
At the course, there is a road covered with grass. Thus, visitors are asked to walk barefoot on the road. If you are tired after having a good time at the course, you could relax yourself at the ecological orchard next to the course. The orchard is 200 meters from the course. In spring, you could pick strawberries, or cherries there; in summer, ripe nectarines and apricots are on the trees; in autumn, you could pick fresh and red apples; in winter, you could try winter peaches at the orchard.
The best time to visit Tuanjie Grass Skiing Course is in the morning as it is not so hot.
There is no direct bus to the course from Kunming. Therefore, the only option is to rent a vehicle.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 21:30
- As at 19th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the course is 20 CNY per person; the rental for a pair of skateboard shoes is 80 CNY per person for one hour; the rental for a skateboard is 100 CNY per person for one hour. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please do not do dangerous actions on the skateboard when sliding out of safety.