Tianshan Tianchi National Park - world natural heritage site in Xinjiang, China
Last Update: 17th October 2020
Located at the hillside of the Bogda Peak, Tianshan Tianchi National Park covers an area of 160 square kilometers. It is a combination of natural beauty and old buildings. The park is a home to rare wildlife such as red deer, lynx, stone marten, European goldfinch, etc. The stunning views always attract tourists from home and abroad.
Tianshan Tianchi National Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Tianshan Tianchi Guojia Shidi Gongyuan (天山天池国家公园)
- Area: 160 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, Hiking, Birdwatching
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Nature Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at the Tianshan Tianchi National Park
Around the year, Tianshan Tianchi National Park features different breathtaking landscape. At the park, you will see many waterfalls, crystal-clear water in Tianchi Lakes, quiet caves with hills in different shapes. If you are interested, you could join in the skiing festival held between the mid November and the end March at the park.
In addition, there are several old buildings in the park. Xiwangmu Temple is situated at the hillside by the northeastern bank of Tianchi Lakes. You will find the statue of Wangmu, an old bell, and murals at the temple. 50 meters from the temple is Juxian Cave offering some murals to explore as well.
Tianshan Tianchi National Park offers a variety of plants and wild animals. If you are lucky enough, you will encounter snow leopard, snow cocks, argali, Daurian Partridge, Spotted Nutcracker, Black Stork, snow chrysanthemum, snow Lotus, encrinites, fringed iris, Saussurea involucrata, alpine Rose and the like. The park is home to 32 species of beasts, 144 species of birds, 5 species of fishes.
Best time to visit the Tianshan Tianchi National Park
If you are planning to visit the park for photography purposes, the best time to visit is during the sunset.
The best months to visit are from April to July and from September to October.
How to get to the Tianshan Tianchi National Park
You could take a direct bus to the park from Urumqi North Bus Station (乌鲁木齐客运北站) and People’s Park or rent a vehicle to the park.
Additional Tianshan Tianchi National Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 20:00 (April 1 – October 31); 10:00 – 18:00 (November 1 – March 31)
- As at 17th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the park is 125 CNY per person between April 1 and October 31; between November 1 and March 31, the entrance pricing to the park is 60 CNY per person; children under 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge.
The entrance pricing to the round-trip shuttle bus between Urumqi North Bus Station (乌鲁木齐客运北站) or People’s Park and the park is 90 CNY per person.
- The entrance pricing to the cruise boat is 80 CNY per person. The cruise lasts for around 40 minutes.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please take enough food with drinking water with you.
- Please wear the sunscreen cream, sunglasses and the like to stop the strong sunlight shining your body directly in the dry weather.
- Please take enough warm clothes with you even in summer as the temperature difference is big between the daytime and the evening in Urumqi.