Tianmen Mountain (Ziyuan) – the perfect place for enjoying the Danxia landform in Guilin Area
What is Tianmen Mountain?
It is one of the very few Danxia landform in Guilin Area and even in China. Tianmen Mountain offers a viewing platform with a hanging glass viewpoint on the top of a cliff to you to stimulate your adrenaline and challenge yourself!
Tianmen Mountain Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: 天门山 (Tianmenshan)
- Height: Over x700 meters tall
- Things to do there: Hiking, Photography, Herbal Medicine Research
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Adventure enthusiasts!
- Time required: at least 5 x hours
Interested in visiting Tianmen Mountain on a Private Tour in Guilin?
What to expect at Tianmen Mountain
Visitors to Guilin are amazed at the Thin Strip of Sky, countless herbs, steep cliffs and its quiet environment as well as hanging glass viewpoint at the Tianmen Mountain (Ziyuan) Scenic Area. On the top of Tianmen Mountain with a height of 630 meters is a primitive forest covering an area of 5.73 hectares, which is rare around China.
The Tianmen Temple (天门寺) is hidden in the mountains for hundreds of years. The hanging glass viewpoint on the top of a cliff challenges your courage. If you are interested to study herbs, hundreds of types of herbs there can meet your research needs.
Best time to visit Tianmen Mountain
The best time to visit Tianmen Mountain is in the morning and between the months of April & October.
How to get to Tianmen Mountain
As the mountain is located in an isolated area around 155 kilometers from Guilin, the easiest way to travel independently is only to rent a vehicle from Guilin or Ziyuan County to the park.There is no direct bus from Ziyuan or Guilin to Tianmen Mountain. There are only a few options:
- Rent a vehicle departing from Guilin or Ziyuan to Tianmen Mountain. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a bus from Guilin North Bus Station (桂林汽车客运北站) to Ziyuan South Bus Station (资源汽车客运南站). Then transfer to Ziyuan North Bus Station (资源汽车客运北站). Then, take a local shuttle to Tianmen Mountain.
Additional Tianmen Mountain Travel Advice
- The last bus from Ziyuan Bus Station (资源汽车总站) to Guilin departs at 18:00 pm. Please transfer to the station by 17:30 pm from Tianmen Mountain if you are planning to stay overnight in Guilin. There are local shuttles at the foot of the mountain till 17:00 pm. You can take a local shuttle back to Ziyuan County.
- If you want your own privacy, please rent a vehicle beforehand.
- Please bring hiking sticks, warm clothes, enough bread or fruit, bottles of water, umbrellas, raincoat, cooling ointment and insect repellent.
- Entrance pricing is 38 CNY per adult and 20 CNY per child between 1.2m and 1.4m as at 2nd October 2020. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:00.