Tianmen Fox Fairy Show - offering a glass walkway in the sky
What is Tianmen Fox Fairy Show?
Backdropped by Tianmen Mountain, Tianmen Fox Fairy Show is a super-shocking landscape show and magical musical. The story is adapted from the mythical legend "Liu Hai Kan Qiao", which tells the story between a human being and a fox.
Tianmen Fox Fairy Show Fast Facts
What to expect at the Tianmen Fox Fairy Show
Tianmen Fox Fairy Show is adapted from the mythical legend "Liu Hai Kan Qiao", which tells the story between a human being and a fox. The legend passes on from generation to generation in Hunan. The main stage is integrated with strange peaks, a Canyon, forests, and a waterfall. With a total area of 10,000 square meters, the stage is not only the largest stage in the world, but also it is entirely made of FRP. The stage is transparent under the illumination and its color changes with the change of the light, creating an amazing fantasy scene. More than 10 original Tujia wooden houses with black tiles, small carved windows, wooden fences, and bunches of corn and peppers form a village with the characteristics of West Hunan.
The show presents the love story between the young man - Liuhai who lived on cutting wood and the white fox fairy that had been practiced for a thousand years in Tianmen Mountain. In addition to their love, audience can also get acquainted with the folk songs of Sangzhi and folk customs of Tujia Minority from the show.
Best time to visit the Tianmen Fox Fairy Show
As Tianmen Fox Fairy Show is performed in the evening in Tianmen Mountain Canyon, the temperature there is a little lower than other places outside the Canyon. The best time to enjoy the show is from May to October.
How to get to the Tianmen Fox Fairy Show
There is no direct bus to Tianmen Fox Fairy Show Theater from Zhangjiajie City. Therefore, there are only a few options.
- Rent a car from Zhangjiajie airport, Zhangjiajie Train Station or Zhangjiajie Bus Station to the theater. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Many hotels offer the transportation to the theater to the guests for an additional fee. You can consult the hotel staff if they offer it ahead if you are interested to enjoy the show.
Additional Tianmen Fox Fairy Show Travel Advice
- Opening time: 20:15 - 21:45 (Audience enter the theater at 20:00)
- From the early March to the early December, audience can enjoy the show no matter what the weather is like. If it is rainy, the audience will get a raincoat for free; if it is cold in winter, the audience can rent the coat for an additional rental of 10 CNY per person.
- Please enter the theater 15 minutes of the performance time at least.
- As at 13th July 2018, the admission fee to Section B/C is 238 CNY for those who are above 1.2m (1.2m included) ; the admission fee to Section A is 278 CNY for those who are above 1.2m (1.2m included).
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please keep quiet in the theater.
- Please do not throw rubbish in the theater.