Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao - a natural stone bridge in Zhangjiajie
What is Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao?
Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao is located in Yuanjiajie Scenic Area, part of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, which is part of Wulingyuan Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie. As the tallest stone bridge in Zhangjiajie, it is 350 meters high, spanning across two peaks.
Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao Fast Facts
What to expect at Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao
With an elevation of 350 meters, Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao is some 4 meters deep, and 1- 3 meters wide. The deck is flat for visitors to walk across. Old green pine trees grow on the bridge while clouds flow around it. Steep cliffs with water-drops stand around it. Visitors hold iron railings of the bridge to look up and they will see the peaks are surrounded by clouds and fog. Look down, and visitors will find that the peaks are just like bamboo shoots and fog rise from the bottom of the deep valley.
Countless concentric locks were hung on the railings and branches around the bridge by visitors to make their wishes. Some of the locks which were hung in the trees are rising with the growth of the branches. Visitors will make their adrenaline rise upon stepping the bridge.
Best time to visit Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao
If you are planning to visit Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao for photography purposes, you can visit it around the year as it presents different stunning views in 4 seasons. Generally speaking, it is recommended that you visit it in April, May, September and October for the four months are not too hot or too cold.
How to get to Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao
Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao is part of Yuanjiajie Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park. When you enter National Forest Park Ticket Station you can hike to Golden Whip Stream. Then, take the shuttle bus with your pass ticket for Wulingyuan Scenic Area to the Lower Station of Bailong Elevator (白龙天梯). Take the elevator to the top of the mountain - Yuanjiajie Scenic Area. Finally, hike up to Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao. Therefore, you shall know how to get to National Forest Park Ticket Station first. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a car from Zhangjiajie airport, Zhangjiajie Train Station or Zhangjiajie Bus Station to the National Forest Ticket Station. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a flight to Zhangjiajie airport from Guilin, Beijing, Chengdu, Wuhan, Xi’an and other cities. Then, rent a car to Zhangjiejie Train Station to take the shuttle bus. It takes 40 minutes drive from the station to National Park Ticket Station. Alternatively, rent a car to the ticket station.
- Take a train to Zhangjiajie train station from Guangzhou, Nanning, Shenzhen, Wuchang and other cities. Then, walk to the Zhangjiajie Bus Station to take the tourists bus. It takes 40 minutes drive from the station to National Park Ticket Station. Alternatively, rent a car to the ticket station.
Additional Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 - 17:00
- As Tian Xia Di Yi Qiao is part of Wulingyuan Scenic Area which is composed of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Suoxi Vally Nature Reserve, Tianzishan Mountain Nature Reserve, and Yangjiajie Scenic Area, visitors can enter the Tianzi Mountain Area from Tianzi Mountain Ticket Station with the pass ticket for Wulingyuan Scenic Area. The pass ticket is valid in four days from the date when you get it ( For example, if the ticket is issued at 13:00 on Monday 9th July, 2018, the ticket is valid by 13:00 on Friday 13th July, 2018). You could take a complimentary eco-friendly car with the pass ticket. With the pass ticket, you can visit all the four scenic areas mentioned above and can enter the Wulingyuan from one of five entrances at the five ticket stations.
- As at 11th July 2018, admission fee which is applied between March 1st and November 30th plus the Spring Festival is as follows. Admission fee to Wulingyuan Area is 248 CNY per adult (including the insurance); Children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) and the elders above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge whilst these people are charged 68 CNY per person for the eco-friendly car(including insurance); Children between 1.3m (1.3m included) and 1.5m (1.5m not included) are charged 163 CNY per person(including insurance); The elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old ( 70 years old not included) are charged 168 CNY per person (including insurance)
- As at 11th July 2018, admission fee which is applied between December 1st and February 28th/29th is as follows. Admission fee to Wulingyuan Area is 126 CNY per adult (including the insurance). Notes: The area can be closed because of the snow in winter.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- It is recommended that you take an umbrella with you when visiting the Wulingyuan Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie.
- If you plan to visit the area in summer, you’d better take the sunscreen, floral water, sunglasses, band-aid and hats. Please remember to wear anti-skid hiking shoes.
- During the National Day Festival of China, Spring Festival and the summer holiday, pricing for hotels and restaurants also goes up as they are the peak season in China.
- The ticket offices of most scenic spots offer luggage storage service.
- Be sure not to explore the areas marked with "No Passing" and "Dangerous" .
- The mountain road is wet and slippery in rainy days. In addition, rain and fog can also lead to unclear sight. Thus, it is not suggested that you risk climbing the mountain in the rain.