Tang Paradise - the largest complex in the Tang Dynasty style in China
Last Update: 17th November 2019
What is Tang Paradise?
Located in the Qujiang Development Zone in the south of Xi'an City, on the southeast side of the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda, Tang Paradise was rebuilt on the original Tang Paradise ruins in the Tang Dynasty (618 - 907). It features the style of the Tang Dynasty Royal Garden. It is the first large royal garden and cultural theme park displaying the society of the Tang Dynasty comprehensively in China.
Tang Paradise Fast Facts
Interested in visiting Tang Paradise during a Xian Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including Tang Paradise, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at Tang Paradise
Open to the public from April 11, 2005, Tang Paradise is divided into 14 cultural area, such as emperor culture area, female culture area, folk customs area, tea culture area, cuisine culture area, dancing and singing culture area, diplomatic culture area, poetry culture area, etc in the Tang Dynasty. Visitors can get acquainted with the Tang culture through buildings and various activities in the park, including “Dream Back to Tang Dynasty” Show, Tang costumes show, Greet Guests Ceremony (every Saturday and Sunday), Tang Drum Show, Dreamlike Light Show, Golden Lion Points Zhuangyuan, Tang Tea Etiquette, Folk Customs Gala and so on.
The world's largest water curtain movie, which is staged every night at Ziyunlou North Square, will bring you a new three-dimensional shock. Visitors can appreciate the large-scale dance drama "Dream Back to the Tang Dynasty" at the Fengming Jiutian Theater which demonstrates the Tang culture and history. In the evening, Tang Paradise is more breathtaking with the shining of the light and moonlight.
Best time to visit Tang Paradise
The best time to visit Tang Paradise is after lunch and you can enjoy the landscape and the shows in the daytime and in the evening. The best months to visit are from March to May, and from September to October.
How to get to Tang Paradise
Tang Paradise is located in downtown Xi’an. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 21, 22, 24, 41, 212, 224, 601, 610, 609, 237, 715, 720, and Bus 907 to the Stop of Datang Furong (大唐芙蓉站).
Additional Tang Paradise Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 09:00 - 22:00
- As at 17th November 2019, entrance pricing to Tang Paradise is 120 CNY per person; children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) and the elder above 65 years old (65 years old included) are free of charge.
- As at 17th November 2019 2019, the admission fee for the "Dream Back to the Tang Dynasty" Show is 198 CNY per person; children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) are free of charge.
- As at 17th November 2019, the entrance pricing to the shuttle bus in the park is 30 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- As at 17th November 2019, "Dream Back to the Tang Dynasty" Show is on from 17:00 to 18:10.
- Passports are required to get the tickets.
- Please wear the sunscreen scream and take an umbrella in summer.