Taiziwan Park - popular local park within Hangzhou
Last Update: 9th October 2020
With an area of around 80 x hectares, Taiziwan Park is named after the historic records that two princes were buried in the park. It features the style of the traditional Chinese landscape garden as well as the Western artistic treatment.
Taiziwan Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Taiziwan Gongyuan (太子湾公园)
- Area: 80 hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Nature
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers
- Time required:2 – 3 hours
Magnolia, sakura and Michelia figo grow on the hill. Wangshanping Grassland is a good spot to take a rest and enjoy picnic there. Locals love to hold weddings in the grassland as well. A small church adds a festive atmosphere to the park. Several bridges in different appearances span over streams in the park.
Between late September and early November, leaves of some of the trees in the park turn yellow or golden. On sunny days, the red maple leaves with the reflection in the river are a feast for eyes, creating great material for photographing.
If you’d love to enjoy a quiet environment in the park, the best time to visit is in the early morning.
The best months to visit are from March to October.
You can take Bus 4, 51, 52, 87, Y6, 334 or Bus 315 to the Stop of Sudi (苏堤站). Alternatively, you could rent a vehicle to the park directly.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 17:00
- As at 9th October 2020, tourists can visit the park for free.
- As Taiziwan Park is situated in the area of the West Lake, it is suggested that you explore the park, the other scenic spots, such as Leifeng Pagoda and the lake in one day.
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.