Taiping National Park - offering a water landscape in northwest China
Last Update: 17th November 2019
What is the Taiping National Park?
Located 44 kilometers from Xi’an, Taiping National Park is set in the Taiping Valley, Huxian, Shaanxi. The park is rich in biological resources, with more than 30 species of rare national animals, primitive larch and beautiful red birch forests.
Taiping National Park Fast Facts
Interested in visiting the Taiping National Park during a Xian Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including the Taiping National Park, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at the Taiping National Park
As the core scenic area of the Zhongnanshan World Geopark, Taiping National Forest Park is a mountainous area in the Qinling Mountains. It is divided into the Huangyangba waterfalls area, Shimen area, Yuegongtan area, Qinlingliang area and Hualinwan area.
Taiping National Park is home to various plants, such as a wide variety of ancient larch trees, red birch forests, and Chinese redbud. There are many kinds of wild animals in the park, including Sumen antelope, mountain sheep, forest musk deer, hedgehogs, golden pheasant, Syrmaticus and Chinese Hwamei. If lucky enough, visitors can encounter them by the trail, stream, and in the forest. In addition, visitors can enjoy the natural waterfalls, ponds and other views in the park.
Best time to visit the Taiping National Park
The best time to visit Taiping National Park is in the morning as it is not hot during its opening hours. The best months to visit are from March to May, and from September to October.
How to get to the Taiping National Park
- With the development of the tourism in Shaanxi, there are several direct bus from Xi’an or Huxian. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle from Xi’an or Xianyang. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a direct bus (departing time: 08:00 - 09:00) from Xi’an Chengnan Passenger Bus Station (西安城南客运站). It departs from the park between 16:00 and 17:00 for Xi’an. It runs from April 1 to October 7.
- Take a direct bus (departing time: 07:30 - 08:30) from Xi’an Chengxi Passenger Bus Station (西安城西客运站). It departs from the park at 16:00 for Xi’an. It runs from April 1 to October 7.
- Take a direct bus (departing time: 08:30) from Xi’an Chengbei Passenger Bus Station (西安城北客运站). It departs from the park at 17:00 for Xi’an. It runs on Saturdays and Sundays from April 1 to October 7.
- Take a direct bus (departing time: 08:00 - 09:00) from Xianyang South Bus Station (咸阳汽车南站). It departs from the park between 16:00 and 17:00 for Xianyang. It runs from April 26 to October 7.
- Take a direct bus from Huxian South Bus Station (户县汽车南站) to the park.
Additional Taiping National Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 - 18:00 (March 1 - November 30); 08:00 - 17:00 (December 1 - February 28/29)
- As at 17th November 2019, from March 1 to November 30, entrance pricing to the park is 65 CNY per person; from December 1 to February 28/29, entrance pricing to the park is 45 CNY per person; children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) and the elder above 65 years old (65 years old included) are free of charge; Children between 1.2m (1.2m included) and 1.4m (1.4m not included) are charged 32.5 CNY per person.
- The park offers the cable cars. As at 20th June 2019, the admission fee for the uphill cable car is 50 CNY per person; the admission fee for the downhill cable car is 50 CNY per person; the admission fee for the round-trip cable car is 80 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- It is recommended that you visit the park in the early morning as plenty of tourists always visit it at noon.
- It takes about 2 - 3 hours hiking up to the top of the mountain from the foot.
- Please take a raincoat or an umbrella with you as there are many waterfalls along the trail.
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes and sunglasses.