Sun Moon Lake 2 Day Tour
2 Day Sun Moon Lake Tour visiting all the Classic Sun Moon Lake attractions.
Join our team for this Sun Moon Lake 2 Day Tour including two full days exploring and experiencing Sun Moon Lake‘s best attractions and other popular sites on the way. Discover the unique Paper Dome Monument in Puli, take the DIY paper making class, do a boat trip or cycling tour round Sun Moon Lake and visit two distincly art areas in Taichung!
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- Visit the unique Paper Dome Monument in Puli Town;
- Take Paper Making Class and create your own paper;
- Enjoy the boat trip or cycling tour around Sun Moon Lake;
- Widen knowledge about the history, geology, and local tribes of the area;;
- Relax and appreciate the sunset scenery of Sun Moon Lake;
- Morning Hiking Tour around Sun Moon Lake;
- Discover attractions like temples, monuments, and natural scenery around Sun Moon Lake;
- Visit the distinctly unique outdoor art areas (CMP Block Museum of Arts, Art Garden and Park Lane) in Taichung City;
- 09:00 am: Meet at your Taipei Hotel Lobby and transfer to Puli
- 11:50 pm: Arrive at Puli and visit Paper Dome Monument
- 12:30 pm: Lunch break – NOT included in tour pricing
- 1:30 pm: Paper Making Class
- 2:30 pm: Transfer to Sun Moon Lake
- 3:30pm: Arrive at Sun Moon Lake
- 4:00 pm: Boating/Cycling Tour around Sun Moon Lake (please speak to your tour guide about your preference on the day);
- 6:00 pm: Enjoy the sunset scenery at Sun Moon Lake
Day 2 – Stay overnight in Taipei
- 07:00 am(flexible): Meet at your Sun Moon Lake Hotel Lobby
- 07:10 am: Morning Hiking Tour
- 09:00 pm: Explore other parts of Sun Moon Lake
- 10:30 am: Transfer to Taichung
- 12:00 pm Arrive at Taichung and lunch break – Lunch NOT included
- 1:00 pm : Explore Taichung attractions including CMP Block Museum of Arts, Art Garden and Park Lane
- 3:30 pm Return transfer to Taipei
- 5:30 pm: Arrive at Taipei/END OF TOUR
(3 Day Tour Pricing)
(Private Day Tour)
1 x Person = 6,520 CNY per person
2 x Person = 3,680 CNY perperson
3 x Person = 2,735 CNY per person
4 x Person = 2,260 CNY per person
5 x Person = 2,150 CNY per person
6 x Person = 1,940 CNY per person
7 x Person = 1,790 CNY per person
8 x Person = 1,675 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
Private MPV Van Transportation:
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- No meals are included but our guide will assist you with options and recommendations based on your preferences;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences:)
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Pre-Tour–Stay overnight in Wulingyuan
Arrive into Wulingyuan the day before your tour is scheduled to begin as the tour commences in the morning. Alternatively, we can also schedule the tour to being from Zhangjiajie Airport or Zhangjiajie Railway Station upon your arrival.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Wulingyuan
To begin the tour, our tour guide and driver will meet you at your specific Wulingyuan Hotel Lobby at 7:30 am. Visiting Zhangjiajie National Park is best to start earlier in the morning, however, meeting time is flexible as it is a private tour so please discuss beforehand if you have a preferred starting time. You’ll commence the tour by being transferred to Zhangjiajie National Park.
Within Zhangjiajie National Park, the only option for visitors is to take the park shuttle buses between the different viewpoints and areas. Therefore, whilst we will provide private transfers to and from your Wulingyuan/Zhangjiajie City hotel and the parks, within the parks, we’re unable to arrange private transfers as outside vehicles are prohibited.
Upon entering Zhangjiajie National Park, you’ll board a shuttle bus and transfer to the Tianzi Mountain Chairlift spot. From there, board a chairlift offering spectacular views whilst you ascend Tianzi Mountain on a chairlift! Alternatively, visitors can also hike up but this takes a long time and we usually recommend the chairlift for the convenience (allowing more time to explore the views on the mountain top!).
Today’s highlights include the scenery at Yunajiajie. The Yuanjiajie Area in Zhangjiajie National Park, is the main background where the movie Avatar was filmed and is a highlight of visitors’s travels to Zhangjiajie. Discover the different scenery and panoramic views from various angles throughout the park. Moreover, you’ll also explore the scenery in and around Tianzi Mountain offering spectacular Sandstone Peak forest views.
In the afternoon, when you’re ready to depart, we’ll board the world’s largest outdoor elevator (the Bailong Elevator) to return to the base of Tianzi Mountain. Upon exiting Zhangjiajie National Park, you’ll be transferred back to your hotel at Wulingyuan to enjoy the afternoon & evening at leisure.
Day 2 – Stay overnight in Wulingyuan or Zhangjiajie City
In the morning, enter Zhangjiajie National Park and commence a flat walk (approximately 2.5 x hours) through the valley of Golden Whip Stream. This trail features a grounds-eye perspective of the Avatar scenery, wildlife and some beautiful natural views.
During the afternoon, explore Yellowstone Village which provides the largest platform to sightsee with over 100 different scenic spots on offer. Visitors will take the cable car up to Yellowstone Village and either choose to walk downhill or take the cable car back to the base following the visit to Yellowstone Village. At the conclusion of today’s activities, return transfer to your Wulingyuan Hotel or check in to a new hotel in Zhangjiajie City. Evening at leisure.
Day 3 – Stay overnight in Zhangjiajie City/END OF TOUR
To begin today’s tour, you’ll meet your tour guide and driver at your Zhangjiajie City or Wulingyuan Hotel lobby. The time will be discussed the night beforehand as there are allocated times for entering Tianmen Mountain. Upon arriving at Tianmen Mountain, you’ll board the world’s longest cable car from the base of the mountain to the peak. From there, explore the huge natural arch of Tianmen Cave, a hiking trail (ranging in difficulty) offering different views overlooking the karst landforms and even walk across a transparent glass walkway!
For the afternoon’s activities, experience an insight into the local Tujia Ethnic Minority with a visit to the Tujia Folk Park before returning to your hotel to enjoy the evening at leisure or with flight/train departure to conclude the tour.
END OF TOUR.