Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is South Lake Park?
Located at the heart of Nanning City, South Lake Park has a water area of 107 hectares and a land area of 93 hectares. It has been opened to the public for free since 2002. Because of the large area, you can enjoy a quiet environment in the park.
South Lake Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Nanhu Gongyuan (南湖公园)
- Area: 200 hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 2 – 3 hours
What to expect at South Lake Park
South Lake Park offers the precious trees garden, Binhu Square, and the Exhibition Hall of Baise Uprising Revolutionary Martyrs and the large water curtain movie at night to appreciate.
With an area of 38 hectares, the precious trees garden is the first emergency shelter in Nanning. It features 1,800 large trees. There are 43 species of trees there, mainly the indigenous tree species and subtropical plants. You’ll find banyan trees, kapok, almond trees and some foreign tree species, such as Jatropha podagrica, Phoenix canariensis and the like. In summer, you’ll feel comfortable in the woods.
It is also worth exploring the Linden garden, picturesque bonsai garden, Chinese herbs garden, and orchid garden. The Chinese herbs garden is home to more than 200 species of herbs.
Binhu Square offers a lawn with an area of 5.29 square hectares. The square is fitted with a music fountain in the center, the green lawn with golf landscape, and bonsai trees with different looks. You can wander around the square to refresh yourself.
Between late May and middle June, South Lake is decorated with colorful lotus. The views make for stunning views for photographers. As the ecosystem is becoming better and better, some resident birds also stay at the lake for one or two days between late October and early November.
If you’d like to visit the park for photography purposes, the best time to visit is at night.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to South Lake Park
Several buses stops at the park. Thus, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 3, 8, B11, B14, 20, 33, 34, 51, 60, 65, 80, B86 or Bus 215 to the Stop of Nanhu Gongyuan (南湖公园站).
- Take Metro Line 1 to the Stop of Nanhu (南湖站).
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- Tourists can visit the park for free.
- Please wear sunscreen cream and sunglasses.