Sky Tree Scenic Spot – popular scenic spot within the tropical rainforest
Last Update: 20th October 2020
Lying in the tropical nature reserve of Mengla, Xishuangbanna, Sky Tree Scenic Spot is located around 14 kilometers from Mengla County and 134 kilometers from Jinghong, the capital of Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture. It is famous for the 35-meters-tall tree crown corridor. Visitors will enjoy the panoramic views of the forest on the corridor.
Sky Tree Scenic Spot Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Wangtianshu Jingqu (望天树景区)
- Area: 864.4 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Biology, Adventure, Ethnic Folk Customs
- Who visits: Photographers, Biologists, Adventure Enthusiasts, Chinese History and Culture Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at Sky Tree Scenic Spot
At the Sky Tree Scenic Spot, you could take a cruise boat on Nanla River to enjoy the natural charm of the tropical rainforest from different angles. The cruise boat starts at Bubu Pier (补蚌码头) and ends at Rainforest Pier (雨林码头). The route of the cruise is 4.3 kilometers long.
Philip Trail (菲利浦小道) is a paradise for those who love hiking. From Rainforest Pier to the trail, it takes around 20 minutes walk. Along the trail, you will see hundreds of endemic plants and some tropical vegetation. To hike along the trail requires good conditions. You will need to hike uphill and downhill all the way. The trail is a little slippery.
The scenic spot offers a natural outdoor spring swimming pool. Visitors are allowed to swim in the pool for free. Then, you could walk from the pool to the famed tree crown corridor. The corridor is around 500 meters long. It is thrilling and adrenergic-arising to walk on.
In addition, you could enjoy water-splashing carnival in the scenic spot as well as other customs of Hani, Dai, Bulang, Kemu, Yao and Yi people.
Best time to visit Sky Tree Scenic Spot
The best time to visit Sky Tree Scenic Spot is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to Sky Tree Scenic Spot
There are direct buses from Jinggong City to Sky Tree Scenic Spot. It runs at 08:00 am from Jinghong and returns to Jinghong at 15:00 pm. Or you could rent a vehicle from Jinghong to the spot directly.
Additional Sky Tree Scenic Spot Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 18:00
- As at 20th July 2019, the entrance pricing to the spot is 75 CNY per person; the pass ticket for the entrance to the spot, entrance to the one-way cruise boat on Nanla River, and entrance to the tree crown corridor is 198 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear the sunscreen scream and sunglasses.
- It is suggested to take an umbrella or raincoat with you as it could be rainy and sunny in one day in Xishuangbanna.