Silver Cave – the largest cave complex within the Guilin region
Last Update: 4th October 2020
What is Silver Cave?
Located 85 kilometers from Guilin and 18 kilometers from Yangshuo, Silver Cave runs through 12 hills. The main cave is 10 kilometers long. The length of 2 kilometers has been open to tourists.
The cave is surrounded by hills. The cave is composed of the upper cave, the main hall and the lower cave, offering 28 attractions to admire. An underground river winds through the cave.
Silver Cave Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Yangshuo Yinziyan (阳朔银子岩)
- Area: 100 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Cave, View Stalactite, Geology
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Geologists
- Time required: 1.5 – 2 x hours
What to expect at Silver Cave
Silver Cave in Yangshuo is a combination of various types of stalactites that grow and develop in different geological ages. It is typical of karst landscape. Large fields lie in front of the cave. The cave offers tens of gorgeous attractions to admire, such as Waterfalls on Snow Hill (雪山飞瀑), Music Stone Screen (音乐石屏), Jasper Lake Fairyland (瑶池仙境), Buddha Interpreting Buddhist Sutras (佛祖论经), Pearl-decorated Umbrella (混元珍珠伞) and Solitary Pillar Propping into the Sky (独柱擎天).
Heavenly Screen of Music is composed of many stone curtains and stone tablets with different depths and thicknesses. It is the most complete set of stone screens in Guangxi. What’s more, when it is tapped, it will give out beautiful music, from which the name comes. Visitors are not allowed to pat it.
The stalagnate – Solitary Pillar Props into the Sky offers several branches growing from it. Pearl-decorated Umbrella is small in the middle but large on two ends. Waterfalls on Snow Hill is more than 20 meters tall. At Jasper Lake Fairyland, you will be amazed by the varied reflections on the crystal clear water.
Best time to visit the Silver Cave
As many Chinese tourists like to visit the cave after the Li River Cruise, it is suggested that you explore the cave in the morning.
The best months to visit are all year round as it’s a cave.
How to get to the Silver Cave
You could take a direct bus at the gate of Yangshuo Garden Management Office to the cave. It runs at 08:30, 09:30, 11:30, 14:30 and 16:30 every day. Or you could rent a vehicle to the cave from Yangshuo or Guilin.
Additional Silver Cave Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 17:30
- As at 4th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the cave is 65 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com).
- As the cave is a 3-layer cave, visitors need to walk upstairs and downstairs in the cave. Many visitors thought it was a little tiring to walk upstairs and downstairs.
- Some visitors thought it was a little hot in the cave.
- Please take enough drinking water with you.
- Please take care of your steps when walking upstairs and downstairs.