Shanghai Tower - the tallest building in China
Last Update: 7th October 2020
Shanghai Tower is located in the core area of Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone. As a comprehensive super high-rise building, Shanghai Tower offers space and facilities for exhibitions, hotels, sightseeing, and business. The building is divided into five major functional areas, including the mass commercial and entertainment area, low, medium, high-end office areas, corporate guildhall areas, boutique hotel areas and functional experience space on the top.
Shanghai Tower Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Shanghai Zhongxin Dasha (上海中心大厦)
- Height: 632 x meters tall
- Things to do there: Photography, Architecture, Meetings and Events
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Architecture Learners
- Time required: 3 – 4 x Hours
Interested in visiting the Shanghai Tower during a Shanghai Tour?
What to expect at the Shanghai Tower
Shanghai Tower is equipped with various kinds of facilities for hotels, offices, meetings, sightseeing and leisure and entertainment.
You can explore the Exhibition Hall on B1 Floor, experiencing the interaction with light, voice and electricity and immersing yourself in the mysteries of the skyscrapers. The Sightseeing Hall is located on the 118th Floor. Take the fastest lift to the super high observation deck which is 546 meters above the sea level, overlook the panoramic views of the city and enjoy the amazing skyline.
In addition, you also can visit Shanghai Eyes Exhibition Hall on the 125th and 126th Floor. You can see the 1,000 tons of damper there and admire the world-class art exhibitions and Audiovisual performance. In the evening, you can enjoy 4 types of amazing light show.
Best time to visit the Shanghai Tower
If you are planing to visit Shanghai Tower for photography purposes, the best time to visit is in the evening.
How to get to the Shanghai Tower
There are a few buses passing by Shanghai Tower. Therefore, there are only a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the tower. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 870, 799, and Bus 985 to the Stop of Lujiazui Ring Road Dongtai Road (陆家嘴环路东泰路站). Then, walk to the tower.
- Take Metro Line 2 to the Stop of Dongchang Road (东昌路站). Then, walk to the tower.
Additional Shanghai Tower Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 18:30
- Admission fee: free
- Please take care of your belongings as plenty of visitors explore the market.