Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum – silk making museum & educational facility
Last Update: 8th October 2020
Located at No. 289, Macau Road, Putuo District, Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum offers a great chance to see how the silk is made into clothes or beddings. At the museum, you can not only see the ancient folk silk reeling tools and equipment, but also can enjoy the luxurious silk woven robes, etc.
- Chinese Name: Shanghai Jiangnan Sichou Jingpinguan (上海江南丝绸精品馆)
- Location: No. 289, Macau Road, Putuo District
- Things to do there: Photography, Shopping, Silk
- Who visits: Photographers, Shopping Lovers, Silk Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x Hours
Interested in visiting Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum during a Shanghai Tour?
What to expect at Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum
At the Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum, you will know the history of silk and the silk production process. You can know how the silk clothes is created, including silk scarf, silk pajamas, silk pillows, silk quilt cover and the like.
Silk is one of the oldest civilizations in China. As early as the late Neolithic period, our ancestors had mastered the method of silkworm breeding and silk taking, which greatly improved the material and cultural life of human beings.
If you are lucky, you will see the silk show. Some models in the exquisite silk chi-paos and walk with the sounds of the classical Guzhen. You will feel that you went back to the time.
Best time to visit Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum
The best time to visit the museum is in the morning during the opening hours except at weekends and during the holidays.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum
There are several buses passing by the museum. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the market. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 105, 64, 76, 112, 206, 68, 738, 830, 19, 106, 13, 63, 768, 837, 941, 948, 950, 966, 36, 113, 24, and Bus 955.
- Take Metro Line 13 and Line 7.
Additional Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:00.
- Admission fee: free
- Please take care of your valuables.
- Please do not touch the silk stuff when it is processing for your safety
Interested in visiting Shanghai Jiangnan Silk Museum on a Tour?