Shanghai Acrobatic Show - world famous Shanghai acrobatics show
Last Update: 8th October 2020
Shanghai Acrobatic Show is edited and performed by Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe which is well-known as a famous acrobatic art professional performance group in China. Established in 1951, Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe has been continuously developing in terms of scale, capital and art, and enjoys a high reputation both at home and abroad.
Shanghai Acrobatic Show Fast Facts
Interested in watching the Shanghai Acrobatic Show on a Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including the Shanghai Acrobatic Show, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at the Shanghai Acrobatic Show
Established in 1951, Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe has created 3 excellent and popular shows - Era - Intersection of Time, “Sensation of Huangpu River” Series, and Happy Circus. All the acrobatic shows enjoy great reputation among the audience. You can appreciate the programmes as follows.Jumps from Springboard (跳板蹬人) is the original show created by Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe. The show was awarded “Monaco City Award” at the Monaco International Acrobatic Competition in 1985.
- Trick-cycling - The program is a large and difficult women's collective program, which mainly reflects the combination of skills and body flexibility of the actor.
- Shake Sticks - A representative acrobatic show requires high skills. Two strong men hold the stick where a male or female actor presents the highly demanding actions. The stick is only as wide as a palm.
- Kicking Bowls on the Shaking Board - On the shaking board made up of 4 wooden board and 12 glasses, an actor stands on one foot. During the shaking, the actor kicks the bowls , cups and spoons onto the top of the head with the instep;and more.
- You also can enjoy the classic Chinese music pipa makes and appreciate the amazing magic shows
Best time to watch the Shanghai Acrobatics Show
The opening time for Era - Intersection of Time at Shanghai Circus World (上海马戏城) is at 19:30; the opening time for “Sensation of Huangpu River” II at Shanghai Huxi Grand Theatre (上海沪西大剧院) is at 19:30; the opening time for “Sensation of Huangpu River”at Shanghai Center Theatre (上海商城剧院) is at 19:30; the opening time for Happy Circus at Shanghai Circus World is at 10:00 and 14:00 (It lasts for around 90 minutes)
How to get to Shanghai Circus World (Shanghai Acrobatics Show)
If you are interested to admire Era - Intersection of Time or Happy Circus, please take Bus 46, 79, 95, 210, 222, 232, 234, 253, 547, 722, 741, 849, 862, 912, and Bus 916 to Shanghai Circus World. You also can take Metro Line 1 to the Stop of Shanghai Circus World (上海马戏城站) or rent a vehicle there.
How to get to Shanghai Huxi Theater (Shanghai Acrobatics Show)
If you are interested to enjoy “Sensation of Huangpu River” II, please take Bus 1, 36, 40, 44, 62, 63, 69, 94, 105, 106, 136, 224, 550, 563, 832, 865, 876, 717 and Bus 837 to Shanghai Huxi Grand Theatre. You also can take Metro Line 3, 4 and Line 11 to the Stop if Caoyanglu (曹杨路站).
How to get to Shanghai Center Theater (Shanghai Acrobatics Show)
If you are interested to enjoy “Sensation of Huangpu River”, please take Bus 20, 21 and Bus 37 to the Stop of Exhibition Center (展览中心). Then walk to the theater.
Additional Shanghai Acrobatics Show Travel Advice
- Opening hours for Era - Intersection of Time, “Sensation of Huangpu River” II and “Sensation of Huangpu River” is at 19:30; opening time for Happy Circus is at 10:00 and 14:00.
- As at 8th October 2020, the entrance pricing to Happy Circus is 130 CNY and 160 CNY per person based on the types of the seating; the entrance pricing to Era - Intersection of Time is 150 CNY, 250 CNY, 350 CNY, 450 CNY and 700 CNY per person based on the types of the seating; the entrance pricing to “Sensation of Huangpu River” Series is 180 CNY and 380 CNY per person based on the types of the seating. Please note, there is no discount for the elder and the children. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please note, Happy Circus is not on at Shanghai Circus World till next July due to the redecoration.
- Please book the tickets online (http://www.shzaji.com/) beforehand or there can be no tickets available if you buy it on site.
- The bookings are always dealt with between 09:00 and 15:00 from Monday to Friday. If the ticket is booked by 15:00, it will be delivered on the day you do the booking; if the ticket is booked after 15:00, it will be delivered next day. Please offer the correct address where Shanghai Ticket Office for Shanghai Acrobatic Show can deliver the tickets to you when you book the ticket online.