Seven Star Park – popular local park within central Guilin city
What is Seven Star Park?
Seven Star Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Qixing Gongyuan (七星公园)
- Area: 40 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Cave, Adventure, Hiking, Stone Carving, Guilin Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, China Culture Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
Interested in visiting Seven Star Park on a Private Tour in Guilin?
What to expect at Seven Star Park
Seven Star Park features a 1-million-year-old underground river to explore in Seven Star Cave which lies in the hillside. The cave was originally an underground river bed and became a cave due to the arising of the underground river later. The cave is 1,100 meters long. The widest point is 54 meters while the tallest is 27 meters. The cave is divided into the upper, the middle and the lower layers. The lower layer is a developing underground river. The middle layer is for tourists to explore. The opened distance is 814 meters long. It features 35 spots to admire.
Originally built between 1237 and 1240, the Flower Bridge is the oldest bridge in Guilin. It spans over the confluence of the Xiaodong River and Lingjian Stream. With a length of 135 meters, it offers a wind and rain corridor with the characters of ethnic minorities to appreciate.
Putuo Hill is the main spot in Seven Star Park. It is composed of Tianshu, Tianxuan, Tianji and Tianquan peaks. The Avalokitesvara is worshipped in the temples on the hill. Yuanfeng Cave at the western foot of the hill is very cool in summer. Many locals love to stand near the entrance of the cave in summer. The annual temperature in the cave is around 20 degree centigrade. Putuo Stone Forest, Putuo Building, Avalokitesvara Cave and Xuanwu Cave are also located on the hill.
Camel Hill behind Putuo Hill is named after its appearance. It looks like a camel which squats on the ground. Longyin Hill consists of 7 peaks. You will find tens of pieces of stone inscriptions on the wall of the hill. Most of these inscriptions were carved in the Song (960 – 1279), Ming (1368 – 1644), and Qing (1644 – 1912) Dynasties.
More than one hundred of stone steles in different period in ancient Guilin are well-preserved in Guihai Stone Forest (桂海碑林). You will find the stone sculptures originally placed in front of several Jingjiang princes’ tombs in the Ming Dynasty. Inscriptions illustrate the renovations of some significant buildings and some important historic events happened in ancient Guilin. Three old chastity memorial arches in the Qing Dynasty stand in the forest. They all were removed from other spots in Guilin City.
The adventure trees garden offers a great chance to challenge your courage. You will walk on the ropes tied to the trees. The ropes are about 2 meters tall from the ground. Some spots are up to 5 meters tall. Children above 1.2 meters are qualified to explore the garden.
Best time to visit Seven Star Park
The best time to visit Seven Star Park is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to Seven Star Park
Several buses pass by the park. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 9, 11, 14, 18, 25, 30, 97 and Bus 204 to the Stop of Seven Star Park (七星公园站).
Additional Seven Star Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 06:00 – 19:30 (April – October); 06:30 – 19:00 (November – March)
- As at 18th January 2023, the entrance pricing to the park is 55 CNY per person; the entrance pricing to Seven Star Cave is 35 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com).
- Please don’t play with the wild monkeys on the hill as they could attack you.
- Please don’t feed the monkeys either.