Sanxing Dui - the largest Ancient city discovered in South Western China
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is Sanxing Dui?
Situated 40 kilometers south of Chengdu and 7 kilometers east of downtown Guanghan, Sanxingdui is 2,500 – 3,000 years old. It is acclaimed as the “source of the Yangtze River civilization.” It is a huge group of sites consisting of many ancient cultural relics. Among the magnificent cultural relics in China, the cultural relics of Sanxingdui are some of the most historical, cultural, artistic and artistic values and the most ornamental cultural relics.
Sanxing Dui Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Sanxingdui (三星堆)
- Area: 12 x square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Culture of the Ancient Shu Kingdom, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Chinese Culture Lovers, Hikers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at Sanxing Dui
Sanxingdui Site offers the well preserved ruins – the East, West, South City Walls and the inner city wall of the Moon Bay. The West City Wall is around 600 meters long, 10 to 30 meters wide on the top, 35 to 50 meters wide at the bottom and 3 to 6 meters tall. The Moon Bay City Wall (月亮湾城墙) is located on the east edge of the Moon Bay Terrace in the north-central part of the Sanxingdui Site. The existing part of the wall is about 650 meters long, about 20 meters on the top and 2.4 to 5 meters tall. Countless bronze, gold, jade, ivory, and stone wares were found in the Sacrificial pits. Nowadays, these precious cultural relics are well-preserved in Sanxingdui Museum.
Best time to visit Sanxing Dui
Visitors can visit Sanxingdui at any time during its opening hours around the year.
How to get to Sanxing Dui
There are a few public buses – Bus 6 and Bus 10 from Guanghan to Sanxingdui. First, visitors need to get to Guanghan first from Chengdu. Therefore, there are only a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to Sanxingdui from Chengdu or Guanghan. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take the intercity train of Chengdu-Mianyang-Leshan High-Speed Railway (成绵乐城际列车) to the Guanghan North Station (广汉北站). Then, take Bus 10 or Bus 10 to the Stop of Sanxingdui Museum (三星堆博物馆站).
- Take the shuttle bus from the Wuhouci Temple(武侯祠) at 11:30 or from the Chengdu Panda Research Base(成都熊猫基地) at 12:30 to the site.
Additional Sanxing Dui Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 18:00 for the first hall; 08:30 – 18:30 for the second hall. The tickets are not issued from 17:00.
- As at 7th October 2020, for the first hall and the second hall, entrance pricing is 80 CNY per person; 40 CNY per person is for the elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included); Children under 1.2 meters (1.2 meters included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- The pits and Sanxingdui sites are open to the public.
- Please bring your passports with you when getting the tickets.
- The museum offers charged English interpretation service.