Saigon Opera House – a Baroque style Opera House building in Ho Chi Minh City
Originally built in 1897, Saigon Opera House was designed by Eugene Ferret. Featuring the typical Baroque style, it is a typical representative of French colonial architectures in Vietnam. During the Vietnam War, it worked as the Congress Hall of the South Vietnamese Government. After the reunification of Vietnam, it functions as an art center again.
- Name: Saigon Opera House
- Location: 7,Đồng Khởi, Bến Nghé, District 1, Hồ Chí Minh City
- Things to do there: History and Culture, Photography, Art
- Who visits: Photographers, History and Culture Lovers, Art Lovers
- Time required: 1 x hour
What to expect at the Saigon Opera House
The interior decorations also present the French style. Pillars with fine patterns, carved stair rails with angels, and large luxury crystal chandeliers let the audience feel that they were in French. Visitors can just explore the facade from the outside if they don’t buy the ticket for the show performed in the opera house. A O Show, Teh Dar and The Mist are scheduled to present in the house. As at 3rd December 2019, only A O Show is on there. A O Show tells the colorful culture in Vietnam Countryside and the city life. It is a combination of bamboo circus, acrobatics, dancing, etc. Teh Dar introduces the rich tribal cultures in Vietnam through distinctive tribal instruments, bamboo circus as well as acrobatics while The Mist showcases the farming life in South Vietnam.
Best time to visit the Saigon Opera House
If you’d like to visit the Saigon Opera House for photography purposes from the outside, the best time to visit is at night.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to the Saigon Opera House
You can rent a vehicle to the opera house.
Additional Saigon Opera House Travel Advice
- Opening hours for the show: 18:00 – 19:00
- As at 25th October 2020, there are several types of seating to take. For W Seating, the ticket is 1,600,000 VND per person; For O Seating, the ticket is 1,150,000 VND per person; For A Seating, the ticket is 700,000 VND per person.
- For children between 5 years old (5 years old included) and 12 years old (12 years old included), the children ticket for W Seating is 1,120,000 VND per person; the children ticket for O Seating, is 805,000 VND per person; the children ticket for A Seating is 490,000 VND per person.
- For the latest pricing and schedule information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Children younger 5 years old (5 years old not included) are not permitted to enter the opera house.
- Please enter the opera house 30 minutes at least prior to the starting time of the show.
- Please keep quiet there.
- Please take care of your children there.
Interested in visiting the Saigon Opera House on a Tour?