Reed Flute Cave – Guilin’s World-Famous Karst Cave
What is the Reed Flute Cave?
The Reed Flute Cave is located approximately 6kms North of Guilin City and is one of Guilin’s most famous attractions. The cave was discovered and developed in 1959. It is located on the southern hillside of Guangming Mountain. It is 240 deep. The length of the opened area is around 500 meters. It offers stalactites in different shapes and even tens of frescoes to explore.
Reed Flute Cave Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Ludiyan (芦笛岩)
- Length of Cave (Opened): 500 x meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Cave, Adventure
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 1 x hour
Interested in visiting Reed Flute Cave on a Private Tour in Guilin?
What to expect at Reed Flute Cave
Reed Flute Cave is popular among foreign tourists with its own charm. Tens of national leaders from abroad and at home spoke highly of the cave, such as Deng Xiaoping, Zhu Rongji, Hu Jintao, the late president of the U.S.A. – Richard Milhous Nixon, the former Secretary General of the United Nations – Javier Perez de Cuellar, and more.
The cave is dotted with crystal-clear stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, stone flowers and much more. Under the colourful light, they are more attractive.
Additional Reed Flute Cave Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 06:30 – 19:00 (April – October); 07:00 – 18:30 (November – March)
- As at 18th January 2023, the entrance pricing to the park is 55 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please take care of yourself when walk on the hill.