Quan Ba Heaven Gate – the highest point in the Quan Ba District of Ha Giang
Last Update: 24th October 2020
Situated around 50 kilometers north of Ha Giang City, Quan Ba Heaven Gate is said to be one of the must-visit spots in Ha Giang Region. In 1939, the Frenchmen built up a wooden door there thickness of which is 150cm. Nowadays, tourist can’t be able to see the door any more but just a sign on which the name is carved in Vietnamese and English.
Quan Ba Heaven Gate Fast Facts
- Name: Quan Ba Heaven Gate
- Location: approx.50 x kilometers north of Ha Giang City
- Things to do there: Photography, Motorcycling, Hiking, Adventure
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Nature Lovers
- Time required: 3-4 hour
With an elevation of 1,500 meters above the sea, Quan Ba Heaven Gate is the tallest point on the Quan Ba Pass. Due to the high location, it sometimes offers the amazing views of the sea of clouds or mist on the condition that the weather is not fine. Before reaching the Quan Ba Heaven Gate, you have to hike up for more than 100 steps. The gate features stunning views of Dong Van Plateau as well as the panoramic views of Tam Son Town in a silent valley. When you see the gorgeous views at the gate, you’ll find it is worth climbing.
The Twin Mountains (Fairy Mountain) is one of the impressive highlights near the Tam Son Town. They look like the breasts of a woman who’s just given birth to a baby. The two mountains stands close to each other. When it is in summer and autumn, the rice fields, houses at Tam Son Town, limestone peaks and the twin mountains always make for colorful views to appreciate.
The best time to visit is during the daytime.
The best months to visit are from April to October
How to get to the Quan Ba Heaven Gate
You could take a public bus from Ha Giang to Quan Ba. Alternatively, rent a vehicle from Ha Giang or Hanoi to the gate.
- Be sure to get a permit to Ha Giang beforehand.
- Please take enough clothes as it is a little cool in the mountainous area.
- Please take enough drinking water and food with you.
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- take an umbrella or a raincoat with you in case it rains.