Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is Qingxiu Mountain?
Situated by Yong River, Qingxiu Mountain is composed of Qingshan Hill, Fenghuang Hill, Fengyi Hill and so on. Different types of flowers decorate the mountain with their own charm at different time around the year. The mountain also has old buildings to explore, such as Dragon and Elephant Pagoda in the style of Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644) at the top and Guanyin Temple.
Qingxiu Mountain Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Qingxiushan (青秀山)
- Area: 4.07 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure, Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 3 – 4 hours
What to expect at Qingxiu Mountain ?
Qingxiu Mountain is a combination of nature and culture. It features the largest natural ecological orchid garden in the country. You can enjoy orchid in blossom around the year as there are more than 100 species of orchids in the garden.
The cycads garden is home to more than 100 cycads which are more than 1,000 years old. The oldest is 1,360 years old. There are around 50 species of cyads numbering 10,000 growing there.
Sweet-scented osmanthus garden presents more than 40 species of its kind. Between October and middle November, you’ll be refreshed by the fragrance of the osmanthus there.
Rain Forest Garden offers more than 180 kinds of national key protected plants such as Dracontomelon duperreanum, Arenga pinnata, Ficus racemosa parashorea cathayensis, Cyathea spinulosa, dalbergia odorifera, etc.Cherry garden showcases another type of beauty of the mountain to tourists in spring. You can find 7 species of cherry trees there. In spring, the garden is a feast for photographers.
If you are interested to know some about the relationship between China and ASEAN, China-ASEAN Friendship Garden is a great option. There is China-ASEAN Expo Memorial Forest, China-ASEAN Youth Friendship Forest, National Flower Forest Garden of ASEAN, Sculptures of Nanning’s Sister Cities, etc. In addition, you can experience the adventure facilities at the garden to challenge yourself and develop your potential.
Dragon and Elephant Pagoda, its reflection in the water and Heaven Lake, a large artificial lake on the mountainside, clouds and green trees around make for good photography materials. If interested, you can feed fishes at the lake.
Originally built in the Northern Song Dynasty (960 – 1127), Guanyin Temple is the largest Buddhist sanctuary in Guangxi, covering an area of 1 hectares. Qilinge Gold-rimmed Nanmu Museum at the Heaven Lake is the first one of its kind in Guangxi. It offers exquisite carvings to appreciate.
With an area of nearly 6.66 hectares, the large lawn offers a great spot to locals and tourists to enjoy themselves through the picnic, flying kites in spring, chatting with each other or just taking a rest on the lawn.
If you’d like to visit the mountain for photography purposes, the best time to visit is at sunrise and sunset.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to Qingxiu Mountain
A few buses pass by the mountain. Thus, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the mountain. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 72 to the Stop of Qingxiushan Beimen (青秀山北门站) or Metro Line 3 to the Stop of Qingxiushan (青秀山站) and walk to Exit B. Then, walk to the mountain.
How to get to Qingxiu Mountain
- Opening hours: 06:00 – 23:00
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance the entrance pricing to the terraces (excluding the shuttle bus and small trains in the area) is 20 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 10 CNY per person; the elder above 65 years old (65 years old included) are free of charge; the elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 65 years old (65 years old not included) are charged 10 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Please wear sunscreen cream and sunglasses.