Qinglong Gorge - combination of natural beauty & customs of the Yi minority
Last Update: 19th October 2020
Located around 90 kilometers northwest of Kunming, Qinglong Gorge covers an area of 19 square kilometers. It is a combination of green forests, singing birds, old trees, customs of Yi people, wooden pavilions, etc. You could enjoy riding a horse, camping, shooting arrows in the scenic area of Yi Ethnic Minority Village, drifting as well as enjoy swinging on old vines in the forest.
- Chinese Name: Qinglongxia (青龙峡)
- Area: 19 x square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Camping, Riding a horse, drifting
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 3 – 4 x hours
Qinglong Gorge is composed of the area for drifting in Qinglong Gorge, Ancient Forest Area, Stream and Valley Area, Flower World and Yi Village Area.
At the drifting area, you could not only enjoy drifting in the river, but also could appreciate other 16 unique spots such as the old plowing ways – use the bull to plow the field. The Ancient Forest Area offers a great chance to enjoy the swing made in old vines, admire straw pavilions and the ruins of the old ancestors. At Stream and Valley Area, you can walk along the stream to the deep forest to explore the more amazing views. At the Yi Village, if interested, you could try to shoot arrows, ride a horse and other activities with the characters of Yi people.
When you hike up to the top of the mountain, you could slip down the slate slide in a cloth bag to the foot from the top of the mountain. The slide is not steep and the speed is not fast. If you are planning to stay overnight at the area of Qinglong Gorge, you could enjoy a bonfire party with ethnic characteristics.
The best time to visit Qinglong Gorge is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
There is no direct bus from Kunming to Qinglong Gorge. The only option is to rent a vehicle.
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:00
- As at 19th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the area is 40 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please take care of your safety when enjoying the adventurous activities in the area.
- Please respect the customs of Yi people at the Yi Village.