Pudong New Area - the fastest growing area with new & historical spots in Shanghai
Last Update: 7th October 2020
Pudong New Area was named after its location – it is near the east bank of Pudong River. The old Chinese culture and history collides with the new western fashion in the area. Numerous old buildings and the latest high-tech theme parks with plenty of high-rise buildings.
Pudong New Area Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Shanghai Pudong Xinqu (上海浦东新区)
- Area: 1,210 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Shanghai Culture, Modern China
- Who visits: Photographers, Tourists, Chinese Culture and History Lovers, Architecture Learners
- Time required: 3 – 4 x Hours
Interested in visiting the Pudong New Area during a Shanghai Tour?
What to expect at Pudong New Area
With the development of the economy and the society, Pudong New Area is attracting more and more tourists and investors from home and abroad. You will experience the local life, the newest science and wonderful nightlife in the area.
Regarding the cultural spots, Pudong New Area offers various kinds of buildings to explore, such as Laobaoshan City built in 1397, Bund International Architecture Exhibition, old temples (Fuquan Temple originally built in 1342), old nunneries, etc. In addition, you will experience the fast growing economy in Pudong New Area through a variety of buildings, including Shanghai Tower, Shanghai Supercomputing Center, Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park and so on. You also can explore the Shanghai Museum of TCM to discover the mystery of the traditional Chinese medicine, and visit Shanghai Maglev Transportation to know some about the development of maglev trains in Shanghai. The list of the attractions at Pudong New Area is endless. So are the activities you can enjoy at the area.
Best time to visit Pudong New Area
You can visit it from April to June and from September to November as the months are not very hot or cold.
How to get to Pudong New Area
There are many buses and several Metro lines passing by Pudong New Area. Therefore, you have lots of options.
Additional Pudong New Area Travel Advice
- Please get ready for your trip to Pudong New Area, check out the weather before you arrive in Shanghai and take proper clothes.
- Please take care of your belongings when visiting the scenic spots at the area.
- Please avoid visiting the spots at the area during holidays and at weekend as there can be countless tourists at the spots.