Pearl Market - the largest pearl market in Beijing
Last Update: 21st June 2019
What is the Pearl Market?
Located at No. 9, Tiantan Road, Dongcheng District, Pearl Market (Hongqiao Market) is the largest pearl market in Beijing. It offers various types of pearl to select. Nowadays, plenty of foreign tourists to Beijing pay a visit to the market and buy articles there every day.
Peking Opera Fast Facts
What to expect at the Pearl Market
Opened in the 1990s, Pearl Market (Hongqiao Market) as a shopping Mall is the place where you can find the satisfying pearl based on your preferences and budget, from the low grade, through the middle grade to the high end pearl.
Today, you can discover the pearl there and also can purchase apparel and accessories, traditional Chinese articles, such as tea set, Chinese tea, porcelain, Chinese paintings along with electronics at Hongqiao Market.
Best time to visit the Pearl Market
If you are planning to pick some preferred Chinese articles at Pearl Market, the best time to visit it is in the afternoon as most of shops are open then.
How to get to the Pearl Market
There are many buses passing by Pearl Market. Therefore, there are many options.
- Rent a vehicle to Pearl Market (Hongqiao Market). This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 116, 34, 35, 36, 39, 41, 43, 525, 6, 60, 610, 614, 684, 685, 687, 707, and Bus 723 to the Stop of Fahua Temple (法华寺站). Then, walk to the market.
- Take Metro Line 5 to the Stop of East Gate of Temple of Heaven (天坛东门站). Then, walk to the market
Additional Pearl Market Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 19:30
- Admission fee: free
- You can practise your bargaining skills at the market. Usually speaking, you could buy an article at 30 % of the capped pricing.
- Fake commodity is sold there as well. Please select the articles very carefully.