Panyang River Rafting – Rafting along the scenic Panyang River in Bama
Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is the Panyang River Rafting?
Winding through Bama for 60 kilometers, Panyang River offers green karst hills and dotted villages along the banks. The power of the water has created caves, underground rivers and waterfalls along the river.
- Chinese Name: Panyanghe (盘阳河)
- Total Length: 145 kilometers
- Things to do there: Rafting, Photography, Landscape Photography, Panyang Valley Scenery
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 1.5 hours
Interested in experiencing Panyang River Rafting on a Nanning Tour?
What to expect at the Panyang River Rafting
Visitors can refresh their body and soul on Panyang River. Villagers along Panyang River have the tradition of baked bathing in the river for hundreds of years. Ladies and men enjoy naked bathing in two different area along the river. The tradition has passed on from generation to generation. Panyang River offers a variety of minerals and trace elements goog for human body. If interested, visitors also can enjoy naked bathing in the river.
Panyang River Rafting departs at the foot of Mozhai Mountain (漠斋山) and ends at the pier specially built for the rafting in Panyang River Scenic Area
Best time to visit the Panyang River
The best time to visit Panyang River and do Panyang River rafting is from April to October. If you would like to enjoy the naked bathing tradition in Panyang River, it is recommended that you visit the river between June and August. In the early August, the rice in the fields along the river turn yellow while the hills near the fields are still green, which makes a perfect photography material for photographers.
The best months for photography are usually from April until October
How to get to the Panyang River
You could take a direct bus from Nanning to the Village or just rent a vehicle to the The section of Panyang River in Bama is located in the Bama Countryside and winds through several villages in Bama. There is no direct bus from Nanning or Bama to Panyang River Scenic Area. Therefore, there are only a few options:
Rent a vehicle departing from either Nanning or Bama. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- If you depart from Nanning, please take a bus from Nanning to Bama first. And then, Take Bus 1 (route:巴马汽车总站 – 百魔洞) from Bama Bus Station (巴马汽车总站). Get off at Jiazhuan Township (甲纂乡). Hike to Panyang River.
- If you depart from Bama, Take Bus 1 from Bama Bus Station. Get off at Jiazhuan Township. Hike to Panyang River.
- Alternatively, take a tourist shuttle bus (route: 巴马汽车总站 – 百魔天坑景区) from Bama Bus Station. Get off at Jiazhuan Township. Hike to Panyangy River.illage.
Additional Panyang River Rafting Travel Advice
- Take another one/two suits of clothes to change after the trip in case that you get wet.
- Take good care of your own belongings on the raft.
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:30
- As at 5th October 2020, entrance pricing is 80 CNY per adult; Children under 1.1 m (1.1m included) tall is free of charge; entrance pricing for children between 1.2m (included) and 1.4m (not included) tall is 40 CNY per person and entrance pricing for the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) is 40 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com).
Interested in experiencing Panyang River Rafting on a Tour?