Panjiayuan Antiques Street - the largest antiques and collectibles Market in China
Last Update: 18th November 2019
What is Panjiayuan Antiques Street?
Located at No. 18, Huaweli, Chaoyang District, Beijing, Panjiayuan Antiques Market is divided into the stall area, the ancient building area, the classical furniture area, the modern collection area, the stone carving area, and the catering service area.
Panjiayuan Antiques Street Fast Facts
Interested in visiting Panjiayuan Antiques Street during a Beijing Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including Panjiayuan Antiques Street, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at Panjiayuan Antiques Street
Founded in 1992, Panjiayuan Antiques Market is the flea market which offers the cheapest antiques in Beijing. The main items in the market are jewelry and jade, antique furniture, four treasures of the study, ancient calligraphy and painting, old books and daily necessities, ceramics, Chinese and foreign coins, bamboo and wood bone carvings, shadow masks, Buddhist tokens, national costumes, etc. Various kinds of goods from places around China are sold to the whole world.
Approximately 10,000 persons have their own business at the market. Around 60% of them come from 28 provinces outside of Beijing. Shops at the market is open 365 days a year, and the stalls are only open every weekend. At weekends, around 60,000 to 70,000 persons visit the market. Some 10,000 foreigners visit it at weekends.
Best time to visit Panjiayuan Antiques Street
You could visit Panjiayuan Antiques Market at any time during its opening hours.
How to get to Panjiayuan Antiques Street
There are several buses passing by Panjiayuan Antiques Market. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the market. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 34, 99, 107, 28, 368, 627, 638, 974 and Bus 674 to the Stop of West Panjiayuan Bridge (潘家园).
- Take Metro Line 10 to the Stop of Panjiayuan (潘家园站)
Additional Panjiayuan Antiques Street Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 - 18:00 (Monday - Friday); 04:30 - 18:00 (Saturday and Sunday)
- Admission fee: free of charge.
- At the market, you can't ask for the pricing for something that someone else has in the hand. You can only ask for the pricing after he/she puts down the item.
- You also can take a rest at one of tea houses or bars in the west area of the market.