Oriental Buddha Park - featuring over 10,000 statues of Buddha with different postures
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is the Oriental Buddha Park?
Open to the public in 1994, Oriental Buddha Park offers thousands of statues of Buddhas with different postures and even different shapes to visitors to explore. Through excellent skills, every statue looks lifelike. They are made of stone, bronze, or painted clay.
Oriental Buddha Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Dongfang Fodu (东方佛都)
- Area: approx. 66 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Buddhist Culture, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Buddhist Culture Lovers, Hikers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hour
Interested in visiting Oriental Buddha Park on a Chengdu Tour?
Covering an area of some 66.66 hectares, Oriental Buddha Park is situated on the Nine Hills of Lingyun. In the Tang Dynasty (618 – 907), there were temples on each hill. However, temples on four hills of the nine hills were destroyed during the anti-Yuan Dynasty war at the beginning of the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644).
You can admire the largest sleeping Buddha in the world which is 170 meters long. The Buddha was carved on a wall of a hill. The trees on the top of the hill looks like a blanket covered on the Buddha.
Ten Thousands of Buddhas Cave is a must-visit around the park. You can appreciate various shapes of statues, including Bodhisattva, arhat, and Buddhas from all over the world.
In addition, you also can discover Demons Demolished Pood (降妖池). There is a seating statue of Sakyamuni and the statues of three demon girls in the pond. The Buddha Bay (佛湾) is surrounded by peaks in three directions. There, you can discover the statues of Buddhas with the characteristics in the Northern Wei Dynasty (368 – 534) and the Song Dynasty (960 – 1279). You also can immerse yourself in the natural beauty.
Best time to visit the Oriental Buddha Park
Compared to Leshan Bid Buddha, Oriental Buddha Park is less famous with fewer visitors. The best time to visit Oriental Buddha Park is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from March to May and from September to October.
How to get to Oriental Buddha Park
There are only Bus 3 and Bus 13 from downtown Leshan to the park. Therefore, there are only a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park from Chengdu or Leshan. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a bus from Chengdu to Leshan. Transfer to Bus 3 or Bus 13 to the park.
Additional Oriental Buddha Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 18:00 (tickets are not issued from 17:00)
- As at 7th October 2020, entrance pricing for the park is 80 CNY per person; Children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) are free of charge; The elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge; Children between 1.2m (1.2m included) and 1.4m (1.4m included) can enjoy the discount price; The elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included) can enjoy the discount price. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Most of the statues were created in 1990s by 1994.
- It takes about 15 minutes walk from Leshan Big Buddha
Interested in visiting Oriental Buddha Park on a Tour?