North Jiefang Road Market - a paradise for foodies to enjoy the local authentic food
Last Update: 17th October 2020
Opposite the Id Kah Mosque, North Jiefang Road Market is a paradise for foodies, offering most of local authentic food. It is very popular among locals. At the market, you will see lots of locals relax themselves at one of the stalls
North Jiefang Road Market Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Jiefangbeilu Yeshi (解放北路夜市)
- Area: 500 x meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Food, Dried Nut and Fruit
- Who visits: Photographers, Foodies, Shopping Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
What to expect at the North Jiefang Road Market
North Jiefang Road Market is a combination of local delicious food. You will find a variety of specialties at the market, such as various kinds of raisins, and so forth. If you are interested in collecting the local handicrafts, embroidered colorful hats, Uyghur carpets, local instruments, felts with flowers, earthenware, copper utensils, national costumes, Atlas silk, wooden spoons, wooden bowls, wood carvings, and architectural paintings are fit for your taste.
If you would like to meet the need of your tongue and your stomach, you could try the tasty food, such as various kinds of fresh fruits, raisin, baked samosa, kebabs, roasted eggs (including duck eggs, goose eggs, and pigeon eggs), various barbecue meat, goat milk ice creams, fried fish, fresh mutton soup, etc.
Best time to visit the North Jiefang Road Market
The best time to visit the market is from 20:00.
The best months to visit are from April to September.
How to get to the North Jiefang Road Market
As the market is situated opposite the Id Kah Mosque, you could get to the mosque first and then walk to the market. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to mosque. This is the quickest and most direct options.
- Take Bus 2, 7, 8, 13, 22 and Bus 28 to the Stop of Ai Ti Ga Er (艾提尕尔站).
Additional North Jiefang Road Market Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 20:00 – 24:00
- Admission fee: free
- In summer, there are always various kinds of fresh fruits at the market.
- If sand storm appears in Kashgar, the market may be unavailable. Thus, please check out the weather on Google beforehand.
- Please take care of your valuables.
- If you would like to take photos of locals, please ask them if it is OK with them.
Interested in visiting the North Jiefang Road Market on a Tour?