Naxi Cultural Experience Center - introduction to local Naxi culture
Last Update: 19th October 2020
Open to the public in January, 2018, Naxi Cultural Experience Center is situated in the Old Town of Lijiang. The center is composed of Naxi Prelude, Naxi Epic, 100-meters-long digital scroll of the Naxi customs and culture, VR magical tour of Naxi, and original artwork of Naxi.
Naxi Cultural Experience Center Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Naxi Wenhua Tiyan Zhongxin (纳西文化体验中心)
- Location: close to Yuyuan Bridge, the Old Town of Lijiang (丽江古城玉缘桥旁)
- Things to do there: Photography, Architecture, Naxi Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Architects, Chinese Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
Interested in visiting the Naxi Cultural Experience Center on a Yunnan Tour?
What to expect at the Naxi Cultural Experience Center
It is suggested that you admire Naxi Prelude first to get acquainted with Naxi history through pictures and characters. At the galleary of Naxi Epic, you could imagine the very first activities done by Naxi ancestors in your mind. 100-meters-long digital scroll of the Naxi customs and culture will let you know some about Naxi houses, Tea Horse Road, and Dongba Culture. Through VR magical tour of Naxi, you will immerse yourself in the VR scenes to know more about Naxi history in the sense of vision, touch, and hearing.
In the center, you could also appreciate the unique and exquisite artworks of Naxi, such as costumes, accessories and know about the Naxi festivals, Naxi wedding customs, and Naxi ceremonies and rituals through pictures, characters and images.
With an area of more than 5,000 square meters, the center offers 9 walls of Dongba characters to explore. The characters include more than 4,000 lines of Naxi folk epic and also depict the seven most beautiful views in Lijiang, such as Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, Mufu Place, the Old Town of Lijiang, etc. In addition, you will also enjoy the local Naxi singing and dancing shows in the center.
Best time to visit the Naxi Cultural Experience Center
The best time to visit Naxi Cultural Experience Center is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to the Naxi Cultural Experience Center
A few buses pass by the center. Therefore, there are a few options. The center is located in the Old Town of Lijiang where cars are not allowed to run in.
- Take Bus 4, 28, 9, 8 and Bus 3 to the Stop of Red Sun Square (红太阳广场). Then, walk south forwards to Commercial Tinan District, Yushuifang (玉水坊商业体南区) for 300 meters.
Additional Naxi Cultural Experience Center Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- As at at 19th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the center is 280 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please keep quiet in the center.
Interested in visiting the Naxi Cultural Experience Center on a Tour?