Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution – Hanoi Museum displaying revolutionary history of Vietnam
Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution offers a great chance to know about the revolutionary history of the Vietnamese people from the Mid-19th Century to 1994. Visitors could be shocked at the large number of exhibits and the spirit of the Vietnamese people for the independence.
Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution Fast Facts
- Name: Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution (Viện Bảo tàng Cách mạng Việt Nam)
- Location: No. 1, Trang Tien – No. 216 Tran Quang Khai, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Things to do there: Vietnamese History, Photography, Vietnamese Culture
- Who visits: Culture Lovers, Photographers, Military
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
What to expect at the Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution
The precious exhibits in the museum tells the national liberation movement of the Vietnamese people against the French army from 1858 to 1930 before the founding of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the national independence struggle under the leadership of the the Communist Party of Vietnam between 1930 and 1975 and the socialist construction of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam from 1976 to 1994.
Visitors can find many military items left over from previous wars, including pistols, machine guns, old clothes worn by the Vietnamese people, and medals. In the outdoor courtyard, a variety of US military equipment applied by the US Army in the Vietnam War is on display, which shows the hardship of the Vietnamese people in the war.
Best time to visit the Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution
The best time to visit Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution – Bảo tàng Cách mạng Việt Nam is in the morning.
You could visit the museum around the year.
How to get to the Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus to the museum. Therefore, the only option is to rent a vehicle.
Additional Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 11:30 and 13:30 – 16:30. It is closed on the first Monday of every month.
- As at 23rd October 2020, the entrance pricing to the museums is 40,000 VND per person; children under 6 years old (6 years old not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please keep quiet in the museum.
- Please don’t wear shorts, skirts and slippers in the museum.
Interested in visiting the Museum of the Vietnamese Revolution on a Tour?