Museum of Sa Huynh Culture – museum dedicated to Sa Huynh Culture in Hoi’an
Last Update: 24th October 2020
Museum of Sa Huynh Culture offers a good chance to get a little acquainted with the Sa Huynh Culture around 3,000 years ago in Hoi An through the old exhibits there.
Museum of Sa Huynh Culture Fast Facts
- Name: Museum of Sa Huynh Culture
- Location: 149 Tran Phu St., Hoi An
- Things to do there: Vietnamese History and Culture, Photography
- Who visits: Photographers, Culture and History Lovers
- Time required: 30 x minutes
What to expect at the Museum of Sa Huynh Culture
Located near the Japanese Covered Bridge Pagoda, Museum of Sa Huynh Culture is an old 2-storey structure. Artifacts there were all found in Hoi An. They present the Sa Huynh Culture in Hoi An from 1000 BC to 300 AD before Champa entered there. You’ll see old pots, bowls, jewelries, potteries, burial urns, bronze, gold, glass, and stone wares and some fragments at the museum.
Some of the exhibits are carved with animals, plants and religious symbols. The related written interpretations and pictures of the items introduce how and where they were found in Hoi An. Burial objects at the museum reflect the spirit of locals during the Sa Huynh Period.
Best time to visit the Museum of Sa Huynh Culture
You could visit Museum of Sa Huynh Culture any time during the opening hours.
You could visit it around the year.
How to get to the Museum of Sa Huynh Culture
You could take a direct bus or train to Hoi An from Da Nang. And then walk to the museum. Alternatively, just rent a vehicle to the town from Da Nang directly.
Additional Museum of Sa Huynh Culture Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 17:30
- The entrance to the Museum of Sa Huynh Culture is included in the ticket for the Hoi An Town.
- Please keep quiet in the museum.
Interested in visiting the Museum of Sa Huynh Culture on a Tour?