Museum of Ethnology – displaying the diversity of the Vietnamese Culture
Covering an area of 43,799 square meters, Museum of Ethnology – Bao Tang Dan Toc Hoc Vietnam introduces the cultural development history and customs in Vietnam through a variety of artifacts and daily necessities in different periods of times.
Museum of Ethnology Fast Facts
- Name: Museum of Ethnology (Bảo tàng Dân tộc học Việt Nam)
- Area: 43,799 x square meters
- Things to do there: Vietnamese History, Photography
- Who visits: History Lovers, Photographers, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at the Museum of Ethnology
It is said that the hut above 3 meters from the ground was transported to the courtyard from the mountainous area in Vietnam. The layout as well as the building materials of the hut is original. Visitors are required to take off shoes before entering the hut. The daily necessities in the hut are set in the original position as well. The floor inside is made of slippery bamboo strips. Under the strips are big wooden sticks. In addition, there are several buildings of several ethnic minorities in Vietnam with their own daily necessities to explore.
The museum offers costumes, musical instruments, wedding and funeral supplies, ritual supplies, and tools for daily life of the 54 ethnic minorities in Vietnam. The objects, pictures and other materials tells the rich life and traditions of the minorities. There are Chinese, English, Vietnamese and French introductions for the exhibits in the museum.
Best time to visit the Museum of Ethnology
The best time to visit Museum of Ethnology – Bao Tang Dan Toc Hoc Vietnam is in the morning.
You could visit the museum around the year.
How to get to the Museum of Ethnology
Bus 14 can take you to the museum. Alternatively, you could rent a vehicle to the museum.
Additional Museum of Ethnology Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:30 (Tuesday – Sunday). It is closed to the public on Mondays.
- As at 23rd October 2020, the entrance pricing to the museums is 40,000 VND per person; children between 6 years old (6 years old included) and 18 years old (18 years old not included)are charged 10,000 per person; children under 6 years old (6 years old not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please keep quiet in the museum.
- Please don’t wear shorts, skirts and slippers in the museum.
- If you want to take photos, please consult the reception what parts are permitted to be taken photos.
Interested in visiting the Museum of Ethnology on a Tour?