Mulong Lake - one of the central city lakes in Guilin City
Last Update: 2nd October 2020
With an area of around 10 hectares, Mulong Lake is located close to the old city wall which is more than 800 years old. It starts from the Li River in the east, stretches to the Zhongshan Beilu Road in the west, stands close to Diecai Hill in the south. It is a good viewpoint to enjoy the panoramic views of Diecai Hill.
Mulong Lake Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Mulonghu (木龙湖)
- Area: approximately 10 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Architecture, History and Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Architects, History and Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 x hour
What to expect at Mulong Lake
Mulong Lake is decorated with a variety of plantation. It was built based on the painting of “Along the River During the Qingming Festival”. It is dotted with buildings in Song (960 – 1279) Dynasty style. The Li River offers the water source to the lake. At the Song Street, you’ll get a little acquainted with the life in Guilin in the Song Dynasty. Many of the wooden buildings are 2-layer structures.
A single arch stone bridge spans over the Mulong Lake. The wooden Mulong Tower was built according to the Blue Dragon Tower in the Song Dynasty. The 9-layer building is 45 meters tall. It is painted with red. At night, the tower in the golden light becomes more appealing. The buildings in the colorful lights along the lake make for amazing views. The reflection of the tower in the lake, the tower itself and colorful lights on the lake are also a feast for eyes.
Best time to visit Mulong Lake
If you’d like to visit the lake for photography purposes, the best time to visit is at night.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to Mulong Lake
There are several buses passing by the lake. Thus, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the lake. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 1, 18, 89, 100 and Bus 203 to the Stop of Dongzhenlu (东镇路). Then, walk to the lake.
Additional Mulong Lake Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- As at 2nd October 2020, the entrance pricing to the lake (including a show) is 55 CNY per person; children between children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 30 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- The show starts at 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 14:00, 15:00 and 16:00.