Mochouhu Park - local park with over 1,500 years of history
Covering an area of more than 58 hectares, Mochouhu Park was originally built in the Six Dynasties (222 – 589). The Lake of Mochou is called “the first lake in the south of the lower reaches of the Yangtze River. Overlooking from the high point, the lake looks like a heart. The park features exquisite buildings and diverse trees and flowers to enjoy.
Mochouhu Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Mochouhu Gongyuan (莫愁湖公园)
- Area: 58.36 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, Architecture, History and Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Architects, History and Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
It is said that Yujin Hall is the former residence of Mo Chou, from which the name of the park comes. The statue of the lady in the living room is doing embroidery at the round table. The Mahogany furniture in late Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1912) is well-preserved there.
Winding corridors, willows, and old wooden buildings with exquisite carvings make for great views, especially from spring to autumn. In March and April, Chinese flowering crab-apple exhibition is regularly held in the park. During the period of time, you’ll be able to admire local traditional art, such as feather pictures, paper cutting, and brocade. On Dragon Boat Festival, the exciting Dragon Boat Race makes the lake more active. If interested, you can enjoy boating on teh lake.
Best time to visit the Mochouhu Park
The best time to visit the park is in the morning.
The The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to the Mochouhu Park
Several buses pass by the park. Thus, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 15, 20, 78, 92, 109, or Bus 307 to the Stop of Mochouhu Ximen (莫愁湖西门站). Then walk to the park.
- Take Bus 7, 13, 19, 37, 41, 48, 133, 134, 160, 166, 204, or Bus 306 to the Stop of Mochouhu Gongyuan Nanmen (莫愁湖公园南门站). Then walk to the park.
- Take Metro Line 2 to the Stop of Mochouhu (莫愁湖站).Then walk to the park.
Additional Mochouhu Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 21:00
- As at 15th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the park is 35 CNY per person; children under 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing, please contact us via email (email@example.com)