Mijing M60 Creative Park - multi-usage art exhibition space in Kunming
Mijing M60 Creative Park was transformed from the old Kunming Battery Factory. As the largest creative park in Kunming, it is mainly engaged in the development of traditional folk crafts. It is currently. Up to now, you could find around 40 shops in different fields together with various types of interesting and gorgeous graffiti walls at the park.
- Chinese Name: Mijing M60 Chuangyiyuan (秘境M60创意园)
- Location: No. 47, Puji Road, Kunming
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Art
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Artists, Art Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
Interested in visiting the Mijing M60 Creative Park on a Yunnan Tour?
At the Mijing M60 Creative Park, you will see Optimus Prime and another transformer standing in front of one old house. The graffiti of ‘colorful balloons are tied to an old-fashioned bike’ will take you back to the adolescent period. The graffiti of SpongeBob SquarePants will also remind you of the interesting character. The bark shop will shock you as well. It offers many exquisite handicrafts made of barks, such as bark vests, bark figures, etc.
Yueke Trampoline Park (跃客蹦床公园) offers you a great chance to experience the amazing sport. You could also find a variety of art workshops, such as sculpture, painting, calligraphy, architecture, etc. The old articles for daily use, including those used by the Flying Tigers are on display at the shop of Living Stone (活石艺家). If interested, you could make your own Pu’er Tea bricks at the Tea Space of Naxi (纳禧茶空间) as well. Turn the tea leaves into the bricks on your own. The workshop of Living Soil (活泥巴) combines handmade pots, plates, jars and other ceramic products. You could create your own handmade cup or dish under the guide of a pottery master.
If you want to take a rest, you could enjoy yourself at the M60 Escape the Room Bar (M60 密室逃脱酒吧) or just have a seat at any one of the pavilions or tables. Any one of them is distinctive with their own features. The quiet Echo Restaurant (回音餐厅) is decorated with the old furnishings.
Best time to visit the Mijing M60 Creative Park
If you are planning to visit Mijing M60 Creative Park for photography purposes, the best time to visit is from 17:00 on.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to the Mijing M60 Creative Park
A few buses pass by the park. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 1, 8, 151 and Bus 189 to the Stop of South Crossing of Puji Road (普吉路南口站).
- Take Bus 70, 29, 83, 133, 146, 168 and Bus 175 to the Stop of Jindingyuan (金鼎园站). Then, walk forward to Puji Road for around 200 meters.
Additional Mijing M60 Creative Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As at 18th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the park is free of charge.
- Art shows, cartoon and comics shows, and concerts are held at the park irregularly.
- It is recommended that you visit the park from 17:00 on if you are planning to take pictures.
Interested in visiting the Mijing M60 Creative Park on a Tour?