Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave – the only cave system within the tropical rainforest area
Last Update: 20th October 2020
Located in Mengyuan Fairy Land with an area of 30 square kilometers, Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave is the only one caves in the area of tropical rainforest in China. In the cave, you will see the stalagmites and stalagnates and other shapes of the natural beauty.
Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Mengyuan Xianjing Rongdong (勐远仙境溶洞)
- Open Length: 1,400 meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, Caves, Adventure
- Who visits: Photographers, Chinese Culture Lovers, Architects, Adventurers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave
Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave offers the Buffalo Cave to explore. The cave is regarded as one sacred cave in the eyes of locals. It plays an important role in the Theravada Buddhism in the local area and Southeast Asia. Many disciples make pilgrimages to the cave. The cave is endowed with the most primitive Karst landform. You will find stone flags, curtains, pearls, pillars and stone terraces in the cave. In addition, some statues of Buddhism are worshiped in the cave. The underground river and some springs witness the changes of the cave.
What’s more, you also could explore the virgin rain forest near the cave. The forest is the larges, the best preserved and most completed of its kind in China. It is home to rare and precious plants, such as spinulose tree fern, Cycas pectinata Griff, Mengyuan Habenaria, and dragon trees, and other unknown trees. In addition, you may encounter green peacocks, great hornbills, gibbons and other wild animals. In the Mengyuan Fairy Land, there are 3 Dai minority villages and one Miao minority village. If interested, you also could explore them and experience local life and traditions.
Best time to visit Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave
The best time to visit Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave is in the morning if you would like to explore the rain forest and the ethnic minorities in the area.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave
As Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave is located in Mengyuan Fairy Land, you just need to get to Mengyuan Fairy Land and then walk to the cave. There are direct buses to the exit of Mengyuan form Jinghong Xishuangbanna Bus Station (景洪西双版纳客运站) and the scenic area offers the shuttle bus from the exit to the area to tourists. Or, you could rent a car to the scenic area.
Additional Mengyuan Fairy Land Cave Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:30
- As at 20th October 2020, entrance pricing to Mengyuan Fairy Land is 80 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) is free of charge; the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge.
- The entrance pricing to the one-way shuttle bus is 20 CNY per person; entrance pricing to the round-trip shuttle bus is 30 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- It is suggested to take an umbrella or raincoat with you as it could be rainy and sunny in one day in Xishuangbanna.
- Please wear the sunscreen scream and sunglasses.
- If you want to explore the forest, it is suggested that you bring floral waters with you in case there are some bugs in the woods.