Marble Mountains – a combination of nature and Buddhism
Last Update: 24th October 2020
Marble Mountains comprises of Gold, Wood, Water, Fire, and Earth Mountains. It is also known as Wuxing (Five Elements) Mountains. Among them, the most famous but also the main attraction is Water Mountain with many caves. Some of the caves offer temples with statues of Buddha and Hinduism.
Marble Mountains Fast Facts
- Name: Marble Mountains
- Location: approx.20 x minutes drive from Da Nang City
- Things to do there: Nature, Buddhism, Photography
- Who visits: Photographers, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at the Marble Mountains
You could take the elevator to the top of the Water Mountain. But you’d need to walk for long after getting off it. A pagoda for Buddhist relics stands before the elevator in the woods. In addition, there are another 5 pagodas to explore. Water Mountain is home to 5 caves. In the caves, you’ll find altars and stone statues of Buddha which reflect the influence in Da Nang of the Chinese culture. Locals always worship for happiness, healthiness, and peace in the caves. On the mountain, you can also enjoy the panoramic views of Da Nang City.
On the Water Mountain, you could visit Linh Ung Buddhist Temple. The sculptures of dragons near the mountain gate of the temple is one of the highlights there. The temple has a Chinese architectural style.
The road to Heaven Gate on the Water Mountain is a little difficult to walk on. The steps are a little slippery. From the Heaven Gate, you could hike down to Xuankong Cave – the largest and most beautiful cave on the mountain. You can discover the stalactites with different shapes in the cave. Surprisingly, the statue of Guan Yu is worshiped in the cave as well. A big statue of Buddha sits on a tall rock. Below is a small Lingshan Temple. On the left is another small temple. In addition, 5 cracks on the top of the cave let light into. On the mountain, you’ll also see many Chinese characters.
Best time to visit the Marble Mountains
The best time to visit Marble Mountains is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to July and from September to November.
How to explore the Marble Mountains
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus to the Marble Mountains from Da Nang City. Thus, the only options is to rent a vehicle.
Additional Marble Mountains Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 17:30
- As at 24th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the Marble Mountains is 40,000 VND per person; the entrance pricing to the elevator on the Water Mountain is 15,000 VND per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please wear comfortable anti-skid shoes.
- Please wear sunscreen cream and sunglasses with you.
- It’s not suggested to explore it on rainy days as the step on mountain may be very slippery.