Manting Park – the oldest park in the Xishuangbanna area
Lying 2 kilometers southeast of Jinghong City, Manting Park covers an area of 26.66 hectares. Formerly acted as a royal garden of the Dai Kingdom in ancient times, it is a natural village park. The park demonstrates cultures of the royal family of Dai Kingdom, Buddhism and the folk culture of Dai people.
Manting Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Manting Gongyuan (曼听公园)
- Area: 26.66 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, Adventure, Ethnic Folk Customs
- Who visits: Photographers, Biologists, Adventure Enthusiasts, Chinese History and Culture Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at Manting Park
At Manting Imperial Garden, you will be shocked at the majestic royal buildings. The main color is golden. Pillars are orange. Windows and doors are decorated with reliefs in Dai’s style. The council room of the temporary imperial palace of Dai King presents the original furnishings with fine decorations. The exquisitely-carved patterns in the window provide a great background for photographing. In addition, you could also appreciate the tropical plants in the garden. At the Black Heart Woods, you will find a variety of plants and endemic flowers.
If you are interested in Buddhism, it is recommended that you visit General Buddhist Temple with an area of more than 3,000 square meters. The wall is painted with the story of Jataka. The Buddha with 7 arms is worshipped in the temple as well. There is a Buddhist college in the temple.
The park features parrots and elephant shows in the daytime and bonfire party with folk dancing in the evening. You will enjoy Dai, Jinuo, Bulang, Lahu, Yao and Hani’s folk shows in the park. It offers a chance to you to join in the ethnic minorities to experience the unique dancing.
Best time to visit Manting Park
If you are planning to visit Manting Park for photography purposes, the best time is in the morning. If you would like to experience the bonfire party, you could explore the park in the evening.
The best months to visit are from October to June as it is the rainy season from May to October in Xishuangbanna.
How to get to Manting Park
You could take Bus 3 in Jinghong City to the Stop of the Gate of Manting Park (曼听公园门口) or just rent a vehicle to the park.
Additional Manting Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 17:30
- Opening hours for the bonfire party: 18:55 – 21:40
- As at 20th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the park in the daytime is 54 CNY per person; children under 1.1m tall (1.1m tall not included) and the elder above 80 years old (80 years old included) are free of charge.
- The entrance pricing to the bonfire party is 280 CNY per person for the ordinary section, 380 CNY per person for the VIP section and 480 CNY per person for the VIP building.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you would like to enjoy the bonfire park, please enter the park after 18:00.
- Please wear the sunscreen scream and sunglasses.
- It is suggested to take an umbrella or raincoat with you as it could be rainy and sunny in one day in Xishuangbanna.