Manfeilong Pagoda – Vajrasana Pagodas in Xishuangbanna
Last Update: 23rd October 2020
Located on the top of the back mountain of Manfeilong Village, Menglong Town, Jinghong, Manfeilong Pagodas were originally built in 1203. It is composed of 9 pagodas – 1 big pagoda in the center surrounded by 8 small ones. They look like big bamboo shoots. They embody the style of Myanmar’s pagodas.
Manfeilong Pagoda Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Manfeilong Baita (曼飞龙白塔)
- Main Pagoda Height: 16.29 meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Buddhism, Hiking, Adventure
- Who visits: Photographers, Buddhist disciples, Adventurers
- Time required: 30 minutes – 1 x hour
What to expect at the Manfeilong Pagoda
Manfeilong Pagodas are typical of pagodas in Xishuangbanna. The base presents a shape of plum blossom. The bodies of the pagodas are in a shape of multi-layers gourds. The base of each small pagoda has a niche for a statue of the Buddha where the Buddha is worshiped. On the niche, you’ll find sculptures of phoenixes, dragons and peacocks. In addition, a variety of exquisite paintings and sculptures decorate the pagodas. Every year, thousands of disciples from Myanmar, Thailand and Laos make pilgrimages to the pagodas.
In addition, on the way to the pagodas, you will be amazed at the Dai minority villages with one-of-a-kind stilt houses, beautiful fields, primitive forests, and rubber forests.
Best time to visit the Manfeilong Pagoda
The best time to visit Manfeilong Pagodas is in the afternoon and during the sunset.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to the Manfeilong Pagoda
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus from Jinghong to Black Pagoda Xishuangbanna. The only option is to rent a vehicle to the pagoda.
Additional Manfeilong Pagoda Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As at 23rd October 2020, visitors can explore the pagodas for free.
- Some visitors who have paid a visit to the pagodas think it is not worth visiting. They suggest that you overlook the pagodas from the distance.
- It is suggested to take an umbrella or raincoat with you as it could be rainy and sunny in one day in Xishuangbanna.
- Please wear the sunscreen scream and sunglasses.
- If you want to explore the forest nearby, it is suggested that you bring floral waters with you in case there are some bugs in the woods.
Interested in visiting the Manfeilong Pagoda on a Tour?