Malinghe Scenic Area – an integration of natural landscape in Guizhou Province, China
Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is Malinghe Scenic Area?
Located around 10 kilometers east of Xingyi and 389 kilometers from Guiyang, Malinghe Scenic Area is composed of green peaks, karst caves, hundreds of calcified waterfalls and calcified frescoes.
Malinghe Scenic Area Fast Facts
Chinese Name: Malinghe Fengjingqu (马岭河风景区)
Area: 450 square kilometers
Things to do there: Malinghe River Valley, Photography, Hiking, Cultural Heritage, Kayaking
Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Adventure enthusiasts
Time required: 3 – 4 x Hours
What to expect at Malinghe Scenic Area
Best time to visit Malinghe Scenic Area
The best time to visit Malinghe Scenic Area is summer as the water current is big enough. The waterfalls and Malinghe River are the most attractive in summer. If you are planning to visit for photography purposes, the best time to visit is from April to October.
How to get to Malinghe Scenic Area
Due to its own unique charm, Malinghe Scenic Area is getting more and more popular among tourists. Xingyi offers direct buses from Xingyi County to the area. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle from Xingyi, Guiyang or Kunming. This is the quickest and most direct option.
Take a train from Guilin, Guangzhou, Zhanjiang or Nanning to Xingyi. Then, take a local bus to Malinghe from Xingyi.
- Take a bus from Nanning, Baise, Guangzhou, or Anshun to Xingyi. Then, take a local bus to Malinghe from Xingyi.
Additional Malinghe Scenic Area Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:30 – 18:30
- As at 5th October 2020, entrance pricing is 80 NCY per person (March 1 – November 30); entrance pricing is 60 CNY per person (December 1 – February 28); entrance pricing for the elder between 60 years (60 years old included) old and 69 years old (69 years old included) are 40 CNY per person; children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge; admission to the round-trip lift is 40 CNY per person; admission to kayaking is 198 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please take care of yourself, your camera and your cellphone when walking along the trail as there are water-drops down to the trail from the cliff.
- Please bring enough clothes with you if you are interested in kayaking.