Luodai Great Wall - the great wall built in modern time near downtown Chengdu
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is the Luodai Great Wall?
Located in Luodai Ancient Town, Luodai Great Wall is situated 38 kilometers east of downtown Chengdu. Formerly called Jinlong Great Wall, it was originally built in 2001 and completed in 2002. With 5 beacon towers, the wall is 1,680 meters long, 4 meters high, and 3 meters wide.
Luodai Great Wall Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Luodai Changcheng (洛带长城)
- Length: 1,680 x meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Nature, Architecture
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Chinese Culture and History Lovers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
Interested in visiting the Luodai Great Wall on a Chengdu Tour?
What to expect at the Luodai Great Wall
Best time to visit the Luodai Great Wall
If you are planning to visit Luodai Great Wall for photography purposes, the best time to visit is in the morning.
The best months to visit is it is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
How to get to the Luodai Great Wall
There is only one shuttle bus from the Bus Station of New South Gate (新南门汽车站) in Chengdu to Luodai Ancient Town. Therefore, there are only a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the wall from downtown Chengdu. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take the shuttle bus from from the Bus Station of New South Gate to the Luodai Ancient Town.
- Take Bus 2, Bus 4, Bus 10, Bus 58, Bus 71, Bus 81, Bus 92, Bus 101, Bus 122 and Bus 304 in the Chengdu City to the Stop of Wugui Bridge (五桂桥站). Then, transfer to Bus 219 for the Stop of Luodai Transport Hub for Passengers (洛带客运中心站). Then, transfer to Bus 853A to the Stop of Jinlong Great Wall (金龙长城站).
Additional Luodai Great Wall Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:30
- As at 7th October 2020, entrance pricing for the wall is 10 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- As the great wall is very steep, please be sure not to wear high-heeled shoes.
- Please take flora water with you in case that there are mosquitoes or other insects there.
- Generally speaking, it takes 1.5 – 2 hours to climb to the top.
- There are bottles of water sold along the wall.
Interested in visiting the Luodai Great Wall on a Tour?