Lung Cu Flag Tower – the mark for the northernmost point in Vietnam
Last Update: 24th October 2020
Standing at the summit of Lung Cu Peak with an elevation of 1,400 meters above the sea level, Lung Cu Flag Tower marks the northernmost point in Vietnam. The area of the Vietnamese flag is 54 square meters, which stand for the number of the ethnic minorities in Vietnam.
Lung Cu Flag Tower Fast Facts
- Name: Hmong King Palace
- Height: 1,120 x square meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Architecture, Vietnamese History
- Who visits: Photographers, Architects, Vietnamese History Lovers
- Time required: 2-3 hour
Situated around 25 kilometers from Dong Van Town, Lung Cu Flag Tower offers a great chance to admire the bird’s eye view of the Dong Van Karst Global Geopark and Happiness Road and the panoramic views of the nearly ethnic villages.
Lung Cu means “ the Drum of the King” in English. The name comes after a story that Emperpr Quang Trung made a bronze drum at the summit of the peak. You’ll find reliefs of the drum and the Vietnamese on the base of the tower. The tower symbolizes the patriotism and bravery of the Vietnamese people and soldiers in the boarder region. You have to hike up around 300 steps to the bottom of the tower.
In addition, if you are interested to know more about local culture, there are several ethnic minority villages near the tower to explore, such as Lung Cam Village, Lo Lo Villages, etc.
If you are planning to visit the tower for photography purposes, the best time to visit in at sunrise and sunset.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to the Lung Cu Flag Tower
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus from Ha Giang or Hanoi to the tower. But you could get to Dong Van Town by a bus from Ha Giang first. Then, rent a motorbike or a car to the tower.
- Opening hours: 05:30 – 17:30
- As at 24th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the tower is 25,000 VND. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear sunscreen cream and sunglasses with you.
- Please take enough drinking water and food with you if you are not planning to eat at the nearby villages.
- It is recommended that you get a permit to Ha Giang and a permit to the tower beforehand.
- Please take an umbrella or raincoat with you in case it is rainy.